What did you do to your Raptor today?

Started by Yamahauler, May 29, 2008, 08:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunz

I got my Flex bars in, so you know what that meant. I installed them bad boys and yes its worth every dollar. I also changed the setting on the accell pump through the PCIII. I did a search and general consensus is 80-20-20, so thats where I set it. Moved the ignition over to the reverse location. Seems to work pretty well. The DrD reverse has a plug for your oem reverse knob hole, so I drilled out a 13/16th's hole in the middle of the plug and put my ignition switch in it. Fits great. Last but not least I gave the flex bars a test ride. Results= "They"re GGgggrreatt!!!" Tony the Tiger

The last pic is from Monday. It was totally stock 4 days ago.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

vreds

I've been out for a while damn friggin' computer died after a lightning crash :mad: Advice of the day, get a good surge protection power bar...  :mad: :mad: :mad: okay, everything fine... now.

I received ( finally ) my rear GNCC. In 21x11x9

At first, they look bad ass, but new tire always do, except cheap a$$ one  :rofl:
After mounting them, which was helluva job, I put them on and they look real nice on the raptor... Let's see what they are up to now.

I was really amazed, i mean REALLY, about how they hook up, let's just say there's nothing that i've ever tried that hooked like these, even my mxr4 were no match. 1st gear is pulling the front end up on demand, 2nd is almost the same... THey really feel like if you're on pavement, but I was actually on dirt terrain... They worth every single 0,01 cent i've put on em, which i must say wasn't sure about all the praise about these tire.

I give 'em 5 out of 5, where 4 is my goal when I rate something. 5 mean for me better than I thought.

I also received my ODI lock-on grip.. They didn't ship me the model I wanted but I'll do with it. They look really great, they "lock" to the handlebar. therefore, i'm a bit afraid of these... I mean, one side of my handle bar have some grippy surface, and that side, the lock-on really bite, but on the smooth side, I must say that I had to overtight them, over the other side to get them to clamp in place. I'm afraid that side won't hold when I want it to... But I think I have a motocross handlebar, and that's why I don't have grippy surface on the right side of the handlebar.

I give 'em 4 out of 5.

Raptor 700 2006 ... now with a dead engine :(

PC5
YFZ front shock
CCP stabilizer
Lonestar axle

Bert

4gunz4x4z
In the 2nd pic your Dr D lever looks like its needs to be moved closer to the throttle, or it just me?

Colorado700R

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on August 14, 2008, 05:03:31 PM
I got my Flex bars in, so you know what that meant. I installed them bad boys and yes its worth every dollar. I also changed the setting on the accell pump through the PCIII. I did a search and general consensus is 80-20-20, so thats where I set it. Moved the ignition over to the reverse location. Seems to work pretty well. The DrD reverse has a plug for your oem reverse knob hole, so I drilled out a 13/16th's hole in the middle of the plug and put my ignition switch in it. Fits great. Last but not least I gave the flex bars a test ride. Results= "They"re GGgggrreatt!!!" Tony the Tiger

FYI, alot of folks now consider the Accel pump option as a band-aid for a poorly tuned map, and employning it might actually hurt your performance vice helping it.

Aaron

Headrope

Quote from: Bert on August 11, 2008, 05:26:21 PM
Quote from: Headrope on August 11, 2008, 01:26:11 PM
Unloaded them after half a week of riding in Moses Lake (Wash.) followed by a week of riding in Coos Bay (Ore.).
Nice riding vacation - any pics

Yep .. but none of the riding. :grin_nod:
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

BADRAP08

Finally got around to calling Kenneth from KB Motorsports to order my pro taper contours, spider M1 grips and asv shorty levers  :clap:

THanks Kenneth :thumbs:

08 700R SE

Gunz

Quote from: Bert on August 15, 2008, 05:40:53 AM
4gunz4x4z
In the 2nd pic your Dr D lever looks like its needs to be moved closer to the throttle, or it just me?

Yeah, it does look like it needs to be pushed over. I used the spacer from the stock setup. between the brake lever and the throttle. I'll probably change it whenever I get the ASV's on.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Gunz

Quote from: Colorado700R on August 15, 2008, 11:30:02 AM

FYI, alot of folks now consider the Accel pump option as a band-aid for a poorly tuned map, and employning it might actually hurt your performance vice helping it.

Aaron

Thanks for the info, I had no idea. After I changed it I didn't notice a difference. Do you know by any chance what the original setting is supposed to be?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Krandall

Even though it's not "today"

Saturday, rode the raptor for about 6 hours. Put about.. 80-90 miles on. Was a long day, but a hell of a ride.  :grin_nod:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on August 17, 2008, 10:54:27 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on August 15, 2008, 11:30:02 AM

Aaron

Thanks for the info, I had no idea. After I changed it I didn't notice a difference. Do you know by any chance what the original setting is supposed to be?

if you change the fuel % added to zero you should be good to go.

Gunz

Thanks, Colorado700. I changed it back to 0-1-0 earlier.

I also installed ASV clutch and brake levers today. Man those babies are great. Being able to adjust the levers to fit your hands is a huge plus. They also look good on the bike. One thing I don't like about them is the fact that you can't mount the parking brake on em'. I had to strip my stock clutch lever holder and move it over to keep the parking brake. I'll eventually modify it to give it a cleaner look.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

BRAD

well today i rode mine hard and put it up wet again. for the 2nd day in a row. lol
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Colorado700R

Quote from: BRAD on August 18, 2008, 09:50:06 PM
well today i rode mine hard and put it up wet again. for the 2nd day in a row. lol

we're talking about what you did to your quad Brad....

:lol:

BRAD

Quote from: Colorado700R on August 18, 2008, 09:51:25 PM
Quote from: BRAD on August 18, 2008, 09:50:06 PM

we're talking about what you did to your quad Brad....

:lol:

oh shit. sorry guys i forgot about what we was talkin about. :rofl:

oh yeah i just rode the raptor like normal. :lol:
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Bert

Quote from: Krandall on August 18, 2008, 07:40:57 AM
Even though it's not "today"

Saturday, rode the raptor for about 6 hours. Put about.. 80-90 miles on. Was a long day, but a hell of a ride.  :grin_nod:

Any idea how much fuel you used?