Starting up then stalling HELP

Started by shrimpy21, March 16, 2009, 07:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shrimpy21

Hey Preddy,

Done the voltage resistence test and it read 4.87,but does not increase when i turn the throttle  :confused:

Replaced the TPS in the exactly same place and done the voltage test and it was reading 0.2,turned the TPS as far as possible and read 0.5.The quad now starts and idles but its not in the specifield range of 0.63-0.73.

Do you guys think the TPS is stuffed???  :thumbs:  :thumbs:
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

Colorado700R

Quote from: shrimpy21 on March 16, 2009, 02:27:37 PM
Hey Preddy,

Done the voltage resistence test and it read 4.87,but does not increase when i turn the throttle  :confused:

Replaced the TPS in the exactly same place and done the voltage test and it was reading 0.2,turned the TPS as far as possible and read 0.5.The quad now starts and idles but its not in the specifield range of 0.63-0.73.

Did you try the TPS reset option on your PC3, I believe it's under tools ???

shrimpy21

Quote from: Colorado700R on March 16, 2009, 02:32:42 PM
Hey Preddy,

Did you try the TPS reset option on your PC3, I believe it's under tools ???

I will have to look at that, didnt know there was a TPS reset option on the PC3  :thumbs:
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers

Peelz

Quote from: shrimpy21 on March 16, 2009, 12:46:34 PM
Quote from: J-HILT on March 16, 2009, 11:08:13 AM
Mine does it too, it just takes a minute to warm up.. I know when I first start it, and I don't touch the throttle and just let it idle its fine, if I touch the throttle before its warmed up it chokes up and dies. If I let it warm up 3 or 4 min and touch the throttle its all good after that :thumbs: You can always mess with your idle screw as well. If it runs and this is happening on the start up I wouldn't worry about it.

Mines the opposite to yours.If i dont touch the throttle it stalls,but if i touch the throttle slightly just after its started its fine and idles  :thumbs:

Mine did this when brand new.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

shrimpy21

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on March 16, 2009, 03:46:59 PM
Mine does it too, it just takes a minute to warm up.. I know when I first start it, and I don't touch the throttle and just let it idle its fine, if I touch the throttle before its warmed up it chokes up and dies. If I let it warm up 3 or 4 min and touch the throttle its all good after that :thumbs: You can always mess with your idle screw as well. If it runs and this is happening on the start up I wouldn't worry about it.

Mines the opposite to yours.If i dont touch the throttle it stalls,but if i touch the throttle slightly just after its started its fine and idles  :thumbs:

Peels, was it your TPS?????
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers

preddy08

Hey Preddy,

Even though it may look to be in the same place I would double check that with the PC3 software.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Peelz

Quote from: shrimpy21 on March 16, 2009, 04:09:57 PM
Quote from: PeelsSE2 on March 16, 2009, 03:46:59 PM

Peels, was it your TPS?????

Not sure, went away. Heard from a few other guys it was normal.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"