Flipped it pretty good- lots of pics & long post...

Started by Livingmylife93, March 09, 2009, 06:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

Riding at my buddies track the other day i flipped it...

It was really dry and the track was covered in dry sand like dirt, i went around a gradual turn in the top of second gear and shigted to third towards the end of the turn. As soon as i hit third i pinned it and it lost traction in the sandy like dirt and came around sideways, i figured i would be able to ride it out like normal but no, i cought a hard spot and the back wheels stopped in their path. I flew about 5 feet and the first thing to hit the ground was my face, my helmet at shit for about 3 feet of sliding, then i started rolling. Once the raptor caught the hard spot it threw me off and rolled over completely twice and then onto my grab bar and flopped on its side.

I'm going from what my friends told me. All i really remember is flying and then eating shit lol. First thing i did was get up and flip the rappy over while my friends stood there speachless.Then i started cussing up a storm.

Damage:
Radiator is bent - leaving it alone (does not leak)
Radiator mount (left side) - leaving it alone
handlebars bent - bent back
Throttle housing is cracked in two - JB welded
Both Handguard mounts are screwed - in progress
Both headlights are broken, but fixable. - zip ties
Left headlight mount is bent - Fixed
Fender Cracked - ehh
Stress marks in rear fenders - shows its been ridden by a pro  :lol:
Ripped weld for headlight bracket - leaving it alone

The weird thing about the day was that everybody that was out there that day got hurt, and we go out there all the time and have never crashed once.

My friend bobby was riding my raptor  and went around a burm and shifted into third and drifted it then hit a patch of grass  and it almost flipped on him, but he saved it. Then after he saved it, the impact from the slide sent him over the bars. He fell of and it ran him over (he was not wearing my teather). It was running him over at a crawl in 3rd gear. He got pinned under neath it and the rear tire was spinning on his helmet. I could see him trying to push it off him but he couldnt, i heard him screaming and i threw his bike that i was riding (yz 125) and ran over to him and lifted it up and told him to get out. The first thing he said to me was sorry cause he thought he broke something on it but it was fine lol. He has road rash on his back, shoulder and elbow. Later that night he texted me and told me he found rubber in his hair from the tires.

Towards the end of the day my friend justin (at his house were this all happened) was skating and he kicked the tail of his board and it flew up and hit him in the lip spitting it completely open. He had to get 6 stitches.
Its weird that all of us got hurt in the same day.. karma?

blueyamaha

Colorado700R

Ouchy  :'(  Glad your ok though :thumbs:

The good news as that part of the frame is chrome moly and could be welded

Livingmylife93

Quote from: Colorado700R on March 09, 2009, 06:37:29 PM
Ouchy  :'(  Glad your ok though :thumbs:

The good news as that part of the frame is chrome moly and could be welded

Do i need gas or anything to get it welded? Or can i just use a regular old MIG welder?

Krandall

Dang man!!!!! Glad you're okay, and glad the damage is fairly minimal. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

rutcutter

I have a throttle housing, free, if you pay for shipping.

Got to love those face plants :thumbs:
08 Grey 700R
Web 4 Cam
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ign. custom curve
Kenny's +3 Throttle body
Kenny's evac valve
FCI intake
Barker dual exhaust
Racers Edge12:1 piston
Racers Edge CNC porting
Ferrea +2 intake and exhaust valves
Kibble White valve springs
Hot Rod +5 stroker crank

BRAD

2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Peelz

Honda throttle housings fit....Don't ask me how I know. :lol:

Glad you are ok!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

russ-russ

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on March 09, 2009, 11:12:54 PM

Glad you are ok!
Yea, good upgrade too actually.

FoundArealQuad

DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Peelz

Quote from: russ on March 09, 2009, 11:56:12 PM
Quote from: PeelsSE2 on March 09, 2009, 11:12:54 PM

Glad you are ok!
Yea, good upgrade too actually.

:lol:  Check your Karma stats Russ. One is from me for this very subject. :lol:

$0 but now my bro's Honda Rancher has a Yamaha THrottle on it. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

NaturalRaptor

It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

hellrazr

Sounds like I was driving it lol.  I bent my radiator and bracket on the same side.  I didn't even crash that hard but it did some damage.  Frames are kind of weak I've noticed.

dabigbratj

the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

throttlesteer

Go for the FREE throttle housing rutcutter is offering.  If you don't, you may end up loosing the thumb throttle at the worst possible time if that JB Weld ends up breaking off.  I've had experiences with JB Weld that don't lead me to believe it will stand up to constant tension or abuse.
BA Performance
throttlesteer: Owner/Mechanic/Parts
Annie:  Co-Owner
dabigbratj:  Quad Mechanic/Parts