Not going into reverse

Started by Livingmylife93, February 27, 2009, 09:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

Last time i went out riding reverse wouldn't work.

The knob turns, and i can hear something moving around when i turn the knob and the engine is off, but it will not shift down from 1st into Reverse.

Any ideas?

dabigbratj

(when i turn the know and the)  ??? :dunno:
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Out Back Welding

ive had alot of problems with the adjustment of my reverse....if i dont have it just right, it doesnt work right.

one time when i was messing with it...i over adjusted it in the wrong direction, and it wouldnt even go in.

Livingmylife93

Quote from: dpe_ele on February 28, 2009, 08:39:47 AM
ive had alot of problems with the adjustment of my reverse....if i dont have it just right, it doesnt work right.

one time when i was messing with it...i over adjusted it in the wrong direction, and it wouldnt even go in.

How do you adjust it?

Out Back Welding

the frist time i did it, i thought this thing is rinky dink as heck..

if i remember correctly its on the lower left side(while sitting on it), u just loosen and tighten the nuts, which in turn adjusts the spring.

Livingmylife93

hmmm.. On the lower left side of the knob you mean?

MORAPTOR700

There is no adjustment on the reverse lever on motor. Its in the cable somewhere I think its somewhere along the lower left frame up from the reverse lever on the motor. If you have a manual its on page 3-44.
2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange

Out Back Welding

its at the end of the cable. +1 on check your manual for all the details.

if i remember right it was a real pain in the a*s to get a wrench in the right spots, and had to remove the skid.

Warren

the adjustment for reverse is on the cable itself. just look under the fender where the reverse knob is and then follow the cable until you reach a rubber boot looking thing. pull that boot back and there should be a couple nut looking things under there. that's the adjustment. look in the manual for how to adjust it.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Junior

mine did this tonight too..but it was just frozen lol