HELP ME OUT.....Raptor is shooting flames

Started by dungbeetle06, February 25, 2009, 10:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dungbeetle06

I am trying to fix an issue before leaving for Glamis friday afternoon. I am losing power in the higher RPM's while hill shooting. Also if I rev it up while in nuetral when I let off from almost full throttle I get some popping and a good 5 inch flame. I have a newer plug in it and it is very clean but has the tannish white frost to the tip.

Here is the run down on the bike

06 Raptor 700se
Pro-Flow Intake w/K&N
GYTR slip-on
PCIII Programmer
Air box lid off
I have tried the map from power commander and it doesn't seem to be the right one

Colorado700R

double check your intake runner, popping and the the touch of white on the plug says it's getting air from else where if it was running fine before.

Krandall

have you tried a map off of http://pciii.raptorsource.com  ?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

monster757

Get a bag of marshmallows and a couple sticks  :thumbs:

nitroceciljr

Hey man, it sounds like your running to lean on de-cell. Load your map up on your computer and on the very first row top to bottom, not left to right. Start playing around, if they are all "0'"s try starting with setting it up like this. . . . If it doesn't work just keep playing you will find a happy setting if this is your problem.   
         Throttle Position    
      ______0 ______
      500 /     0
      750 /     0
      1000 /   35
      1250 /   35
      1500 /   30
      1750 /   30
      2000 /   15   
      2250 /   10
Put "10" in the "0"row the rest of the way down to 9000 RPM
2007 Raptor 700R SE
Full Trinity Stage lV Exhaust, Trinity Powerflow Kit With K&N, Power Comander 3, Dynatek Digital Ignition, GYTR A-Arm Skids

dungbeetle06

thanks for the replies guys!!!! Almost to glamis now, will try those few things when I get there . Gotta love glamis, where we are camping there is wifi, catch you guys tomorrow

Flynbyu

Quote from: monster757 on February 26, 2009, 02:33:48 PM
Get a bag of marshmallows and a couple sticks  :thumbs:

Post of the Day!

:lol:

Sounds like you are extremely rich Dung.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

dungbeetle06

Checked for air leaks and found nothing, as soon as it cools down I will start messing with the maps

monster757

Peelz

the rappy is mad. go faster, it does not want to slow down.  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"