New Gear

Started by NoWhereToRide, February 14, 2009, 10:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoWhereToRide

Hi guys.  This is my first post.  Glad a found the site.  I've been riding since I could remember but I recently got my first Raptor 700 6 months ago.  I'm hooked!  Even though there is nowhere to ride in South Florida and you have to be creative as hell, I've been riding every weekend.  I wanted to post a list of items I purchased last week for my stock bike to see if anyone had any suggestions in terms of installation or maintenance. 
Looney Tuned Dual System (black)
Power Commander 3
Pro Flow Filter (kit)
Front Sprocket 15t
Rear Sprocket
CDI
Tag Handlebars and mount
Dr. D Reverse
Blingstar Factory Series Nurf Bars
Grips (Any suggestions)

Thanks,

SJ

2009 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE

pismoraptor

NoWhereToRide

Quote from: pismoraptor on February 14, 2009, 10:28:35 PM
odi rogue grips.
Thanks Pismo. Those look great! Much better than the crap I've been finding online.  I swear by Performance Machine grips for my custom and HD but I was little in the dark when it comes to dirt.  Thanks as your help is very much appreciated. 

NoWhereToRide

Quote from: pismoraptor on February 14, 2009, 10:28:35 PM
odi rogue grips.
I'm about to place my order for the odi rogue grips.. What size? 120mm or 130mm? Does it matter?

pismoraptor

I have the 130. I think thats the most common.

1badazz_700r

:thumbs: to the odi rogue's. I just installed mine the other day and they are sweet

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Krandall

Looks like you have a great list there for your beginning mods! :clap:

You should post some pics up when you get those black LTE's  Can't say I've seen any before.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

NoWhereToRide

I need some more help sorry to say.  I just finished installing a pretty good amount of bolt-on accessories for my Raptor 700.
LTE dual exhaust (Black/Chrome tips)
Power Commander
Pro Flow Air Filter Kit
Front and Read Sprocket
CDI
Tag Metal Bars
Dr. D Rev Kit
ODI Grips
AND Blingstar Factory Series Nerf Bars. 
In order for the nerf bars to fit I had to remove the factory heel guards.  I really like having the factory heel guards for the obvious reasons.  I don't think Blingstar makes heel guards to fit my bike.  I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and what they did to resolve it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Besides Fabricating them, I'm not that good.

Stu

Krandall

Blingstar makes nerfs w/ a built in heel guard.

Otherwise, I think your best option next would be picking up a set of the GYTR Heel guards.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Danny T

+100 on the odi rogue 130 mm there amazing. be sure not to tighten down the allen screw TOO much.

other than that you seem good to go!

NoWhereToRide

Quote from: Krandall on March 09, 2009, 02:53:43 PM
Blingstar makes nerfs w/ a built in heel guard.

Otherwise, I think your best option next would be picking up a set of the GYTR Heel guards.
The heel guards that that didn't fit were the GYTR guards.  But your right, I should have ordered the Blingstar Nerf Bar with Integrated Heel Guards originally.  I placed the order for those last week. Unfortunately they are on backorder so I'm forced to make due with the factory series without heel guards for a little bit longer.  No worries as I will put the Factory Series up for sale once the new one's arrive.  I'm sure there is someone out there who needs them. Thanks!

zx10r203