Race Cut Fenders

Started by Yamahauler, May 23, 2008, 01:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamahauler

Debating on wether to race cut my fenders. Any input would help. Pictures of race cut's would GREATLY be apreciated.  ???
2007 Yamaha Raptor 700
Blingstar Victoty Bumper
PRM-Products Grab Bar
ASV C5 Levers
Dr. D Reverse Lever
Tusk Power Pull Tether Kill Switch
GYTR Intake
FMF Powercore IV Exhaust
AC Nerfs
Shockwear Shock Covers
Iridium Plug
Razr-2s
Renthal 15 Tooth Front Sprocket
Protaper Bars

Krandall

I'm trying to find an extra set of plastics so I CAN race cut mine :nana:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

cutting my fenders here would have to be about the stupidist thing i could do, i already get covered in crap, cant imagine having less fender ::)
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Krandall

Quote from: kamakazi on May 23, 2008, 03:36:09 PM
cutting my fenders here would have to be about the stupidist thing i could do, i already get covered in crap, cant imagine having less fender ::)

But at the same time... It's not like you could get MUCH more on ya... :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

RR34

Quote from: Krandall on May 23, 2008, 03:44:18 PM

lol +1 i have like an inch of "mud coverage" on my wheeler. dont do shit for me
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Segkast

Quote from: Krandall on May 23, 2008, 03:44:18 PM

That was part of my justification to myself Krandall  :thumbs: Not like those Rappy fenders are doin much anyway.  ???
Oury grips & Yamalube

Yamahauler

Rough Cuts are done, I got a feather in my ass and decided to do them. Crappy lookin' now, but gonna grab a dremel from work tomorow and smooth em out. One thing though. To those who did cut there front fender, did you cut the around where the plastic mounted to the bracket and took the bracket completely off or save it? Im in a delima there.. ???

2007 Yamaha Raptor 700
Blingstar Victoty Bumper
PRM-Products Grab Bar
ASV C5 Levers
Dr. D Reverse Lever
GYTR Intake
FMF Powercore IV Exhaust
AC Nerfs
Shockwear Shock Covers
Iridium Plug
Razr-2s
Protaper Bars

Yamahauler

Well, still not looking the best but got some of the finishing done on my front fenders. Decided to not to the backs..(yet). Let me know what ya think.  :clap:

2007 Yamaha Raptor 700
Blingstar Victoty Bumper
PRM-Products Grab Bar
ASV C5 Levers
Dr. D Reverse Lever
GYTR Intake
FMF Powercore IV Exhaust
AC Nerfs
Shockwear Shock Covers
Iridium Plug
Razr-2s
Protaper Bars

downfour

they look pretty good.   i must say that it is weird seeing race cut fenders with knobbies and nerfs for some reason..  but i like it..

realdeal

are you gonna do anything to the rears. I have thought about it but am unsure. I would like to just trip it up some but the warning labled on the front fender will limit the trimming. You have to go all out or nothing really. Probably look stupid to have half of a warning label on there. I want to see one that still has the heel guards and nerfs but fenders cut.
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

FORMERLY KNOWN AS RAP7HUNDRED

Gaber

Makes me want to go and grab my dremel.  ;)

Yamahauler

Quote from: realdeal on May 25, 2008, 08:26:34 PM
are you gonna do anything to the rears. I have thought about it but am unsure. I would like to just trip it up some but the warning labled on the front fender will limit the trimming. You have to go all out or nothing really. Probably look stupid to have half of a warning label on there. I want to see one that still has the heel guards and nerfs but fenders cut.

Nothing with the years yet, I don't know if I want to do anything that drastic. I have an old set of rears, I might cut them and put them on and see what I think. If I do want me to take a picture that way you can see the rears cut and nerfs?
2007 Yamaha Raptor 700
Blingstar Victoty Bumper
PRM-Products Grab Bar
ASV C5 Levers
Dr. D Reverse Lever
GYTR Intake
FMF Powercore IV Exhaust
AC Nerfs
Shockwear Shock Covers
Iridium Plug
Razr-2s
Protaper Bars

Gaber

What did you use to smooth out your cuts?

Yamahauler

Well there still not all the way smooth but I used a pair of scissors on my rough cuts lol. Then used a jigsaw to get the closer cuts and a detail sander to smooth down and take the edges off.
2007 Yamaha Raptor 700
Blingstar Victoty Bumper
PRM-Products Grab Bar
ASV C5 Levers
Dr. D Reverse Lever
GYTR Intake
FMF Powercore IV Exhaust
AC Nerfs
Shockwear Shock Covers
Iridium Plug
Razr-2s
Protaper Bars

ThisGuyAlex

yeah once you go wider a arms they're pointless....just haven't decided yet.....
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock