Does the '09 hood bolt onto the prior 700s?

Started by Headrope, January 28, 2009, 03:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

Saw an '09 the other day and it doesn't look bad at all - in person. In pics the hood looked huge.
It got me to wondering if I can buy a new hood and plug the computer in to my '06.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Peelz

the hood will fit physically, but you will need to buy all of the wiring and sensors.  :thumbs: I am waiting to see somebody do this.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

zx10r203

I will see if I can dig up the picture of all the mounting point for the dash on my '09.  I know someone had asked me for pictures but that when I first got it.  They were going to mount the Vapor dash on there so they needed the opening measurements.  But I did fit it on my cousins white '07 SE and the reddish hood from the '09 locked badass on the white '07.

Peelz

Quote from: zx10r203 on January 28, 2009, 08:36:25 PM
I will see if I can dig up the picture of all the mounting point for the dash on my '09.  I know someone had asked me for pictures but that when I first got it.  They were going to mount the Vapor dash on there so they needed the opening measurements.  But I did fit it on my cousins white '07 SE and the reddish hood from the '09 locked badass on the white '07.

try for a pic of the wires going into it. I knew they would mount up. It is making them work that is the beyotch
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

zx10r203

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on January 28, 2009, 08:55:30 PM
Quote from: zx10r203 on January 28, 2009, 08:36:25 PM

try for a pic of the wires going into it. I knew they would mount up. It is making them work that is the beyotch

From what I saw on the dash, the wiring goes everywhere. I'll see what I can do!!

09RappySE

Here are some pic's of the wiring harness, the white connector at the steering stem is where the dash plugs in. If you want more pic's let me know.

Jeff
734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 12:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 74hp 52Tq

07 LT-R450
500cc Kit
Porting by Bo
DMC Pro Comp 4
Trinity intake
ATP intake Cam
Tuned by EHS 50hp 34Tq