Parts Request: What Do You Want?

Started by throttlesteer, January 27, 2009, 08:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

throttlesteer

Well unfortunately, due to liability reasons that my "lawyer" brought up, we will not be able to manufacture subframes, swingarms, or fuel tanks at this point.  In fact, we will not be able to make any parts at this point.  It seems that my eyes were bigger than the project I'm able to take on at this point.  Liability insurance for this type of venture is high these days and I really can't afford it.

On a more positive note, we are still looking to expand the business and the service end of it will remain operational.  Hopefully I can pair up with some folks that may be looking for a local area distributor in the midwest for some of their parts.  Sorry fellas  :(
BA Performance
throttlesteer: Owner/Mechanic/Parts
Annie:  Co-Owner
dabigbratj:  Quad Mechanic/Parts

dabigbratj

will say that we are getting the ball rolling with one company will realease info once it is setup.will say it has to do with building motors and first couple motors can work a good price on
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

dabigbratj

it is still an idea but need to bring in money in to keep things rolling and then we can get more things out

BRAD

Sorry to hear guys.  Goodluck with everything
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Peelz

I would suggest getting some things built before advertising. As far as anyone knows, you guys haven't really touched a motor yet other than your own, which did not go that well as far as we can remember.  Good luck to you though. If things work out and you have it figured out, I will keep you in mind. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

dabigbratj

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on January 29, 2009, 03:09:45 PM
I would suggest getting some things built before advertising. As far as anyone knows, you guys haven't really touched a motor yet other than your own, which did not go that well as far as we can remember.  Good luck to you though. If things work out and you have it figured out, I will keep you in mind. :thumbs:
i will clear up what happened with my big bore. what it was is when it was bored they never resurfaced the cylinder in return made gasket not seal good and caused it to leak and so i got rid of it and just did a stock bore build and is doing awsome.and now with all the new stuff what happened will be prevented in the future.

dabigbratj

but i will say we have a build in the works and will release  everything when it is done

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

dabigbratj

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on January 29, 2009, 03:43:07 PM
cool. Is it your quad?
???
lol we will see how it works out we have to get are name out some how and we are working on it

throttlesteer

Still hashing out the details but yes, Jake is right.  We look forward to doing some fabrication and building parts once this thing comes off the ground.  Until then, we don't have a lot of choices.

Peels, as far as build experience goes, I'd say he and I have more experience together than most just starting out.  I've got an automotive background that's fairly extensive.  Jake's got a lot of experience with bolt-on parts (which is the majority of what Raptor owners buy) and knows more than myself when it comes to quads in particular and what parts are hot right now.  Our lead mechanic Micah also has extensive experience with fabrication/small engines/quad repair among other things.  I would think that between us, we can pretty much handle any projects that are presented to us.  As with any new business, folks are more hesitant to throw all their money down on a fresh build with a brand new company.  So until we get our reputation built up I fully expect to do some smaller jobs before going for the crank swaps.  Thanks for the support boys!  :clap:
BA Performance
throttlesteer: Owner/Mechanic/Parts
Annie:  Co-Owner
dabigbratj:  Quad Mechanic/Parts

dabigbratj

ok  so i will be doing something with my motor and we have decided to offer a GREAT deal on first build we will keep you posted should be soon

Krandall

bummer.. guess I won't be shipping out that swinger. or do you still want it for measurments?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

dabigbratj

Quote from: Krandall on January 29, 2009, 10:22:40 PM
bummer.. guess I won't be shipping out that swinger. or do you still want it for measurments?
we will still take it