Parts Request: What Do You Want?

Started by throttlesteer, January 27, 2009, 08:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

throttlesteer

This forum is pretty specific to 700s so feel free to generalize.  I open this topic to everyone that sees this thread and invite other vendors to add input.

I am wanting to get my side business going.  I already do work on everything from quads to diesel trucks and contract out whatever work I don't have time for myself.  I enjoy working on everything but realize that the service side of mechanics is not the money making side.  I work for Advance Auto Parts as my second job so I get to see and work with customers on aftermarket parts quite a bit.  This is the part of my work I enjoy and seem to have more success with.  Whatever I decide to do with my "third job" is up to me, right now its more just to have fun with.  What I would like to do is to find something I could manufacture or put together in my somewhat spare time that would benefit the quad crowd.  Obviously it has to be a quality part, something relatively cost efficient, and it has to benefit the customer better than anything out there in its category.  Nothing is off the table at this point so throw out some ideas and they'll all be considered.

What I need from you guys is this...  What one part do you wish was made better/differently/or hasn't been made yet that you would really like to have on your quad?  If you could have any one part/piece to add to your quad to make it better, what would it be?

Lets hear some answers and ideas.  Thanks!

Brett-BA Performance
BA Performance
throttlesteer: Owner/Mechanic/Parts
Annie:  Co-Owner
dabigbratj:  Quad Mechanic/Parts

Troy

I would like to see a turbo kit that will give me over 100 horsepower with my current setup and cost less than 500 bucks.  If you can do that I'll order 27 kits tomorrow :thumbs:

preddy08

Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Gunz

A 2" extended stock swinger.
A turbo kit for less then 2g's.
A fuel tank that will hold another gallon.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

fire raptor

preddy08

Colorado700R

extended tunnel plastic that would cover where the airbox use to be for splash protection

Colorado700R

For circle track, ice racers..

An adjustable front brake bias controller with hand control

wastednuts

Quote from: preddy08 on January 27, 2009, 09:14:25 PM
x3 on the fuel tank!

+4 on the fuel tank that way my 6 pack rack will be a 6 pack rack instead of fuel rack  :'(

throttlesteer

Hmmm... seems like the fuel tank is unanimous.  I never would have seen this one coming, but if it's what the people want, then it's what the people get! :thumbs:

The +2 stock swinger may be possible, but it may have to wait a bit.  The turbo kit will have to wait until I'm able to afford more equipment for R&D.  Thanks for the ideas guys!

Let me in on the fuel tank issue though.  Is it a matter of just not having enough fuel for the longer trips or is it an issue where the stock tank is incredibly small and seems to need to be filled all the time even for short trips?

If possible, I'd like to avoid the IMS 660 Raptor style tanks (I always hated the way you had to cut your plastics for that one) but it may be inevitable.  We'll see, I may be able to incorporate that splash guard over the stock airbox too.

I know I've probably got a quad for test fitment, but does any body have a JUNK gas tank they'd offer up?  I'll pay the shipping if you can donate it for a good cause and I'll cut you a deal on the prototype version.  I say I need a junk one because this one will likely be cut apart during the R&D period.  Thanks guys! :clap:
BA Performance

throttlesteer

ALSO, what kind of maintenance items do the majority of you guys use?  Mobil 1 oils, Amsoil, Yamaha filters, Yamaha oil???  I know I used to use the Golden Spectro and Napa Gold filters on the 660.  I'd like to build a website and feature some oil change/maintenance packages at a discounted rate so anything you suggest, I'll try to put together and have available. :thumbs:
BA Performance

preddy08

Quote from: throttlesteer on January 28, 2009, 08:45:15 AM
ALSO, what kind of maintenance items do the majority of you guys use?  Mobil 1 oils, Amsoil, Yamaha filters, Yamaha oil???  I know I used to use the Golden Spectro and Napa Gold filters on the 660.  I'd like to build a website and feature some oil change/maintenance packages at a discounted rate so anything you suggest, I'll try to put together and have available. :thumbs:

What no love for the Sub-frame? There are 1-2 guys that break them every week.

As far as oil, I've been using up my stock of Amsoil only to switch to Bel-Ray Thumper 20-50. Best oil I've ever used!

Krandall

If someone could just make up a prototype. Build a jig off the prototype.. there's cash to be made for sure. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

dabigbratj

let me know we can use mine i vote swingers and subframe
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

throttlesteer

Quote from: preddy08 on January 28, 2009, 09:17:37 AM
Quote from: throttlesteer on January 28, 2009, 08:45:15 AM

What no love for the Sub-frame? There are 1-2 guys that break them every week.

As far as oil, I've been using up my stock of Amsoil only to switch to Bel-Ray Thumper 20-50. Best oil I've ever used!

The chromoly subframe would probably be easier than any of the others, it just didn't seem as popular as the fuel tank was for most folks.  I know bigbrat has been riding a tweaked subframe for quite a while.
BA Performance