gpr3 stabilizer

Started by Kamakazi, January 26, 2009, 09:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakazi

well my gpr stabilizer and flex bars just showed up. pics will be posted tonight
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

fastraptor

Lets see some pics  :'(  :'(
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Blair

"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Kamakazi

ok, here are the pics

packaging

after 20 minutes of taking off the packaging

the remote adjuster, damn flash :mad:

the "puck"

and the mounts

98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Kamakazi

unfortunately, it will be some time till i get to the install, i have to finish my truck first :thumbs:  besides, way too cold (-47*C) to test the thing out.  but playing with the remote and the puck, it seems to work pretty slick, the dial on the remote is a bit stiff, but im hoping it loosens up a bit, or works better once installed.

fire raptor

Looks very nice. It appears to be aircraft quality. My guess would be that the adjuster is tight so you do not accidently hit it and knock the adjustment out where you have it set.If you have never ridden with a stabiliser you are in for a treat.

gr8ride4u2luv

If you dont mind me asking where did you purchase it at and how much was it. My next purchase is some bars and a stabilizer!
Barker In-Frame Duals
CP 11:1
Corrected Deck Height Cylinder
Hot Cam Stage III
KW HD Springs
Track Port & Polish by BO
+3 Throttle Body
Pro Design Intake w/ K&N
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ignition W/ Custom Curves
KDS Evac Valve
15T Front Sprocket
GNCC 22x7x10 Fronts
GNCC 21x11x9 Rears
Skat Trak Edge 22x11x10 Rear Paddles
TM Designworks Case Saver
TM Designworks Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
P

Krandall

I've seen pictures of it. So that mounts on the bars up top right? not down below on the frame like the rest of the stabilizers I've seen (Precision & CCP)?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

Quote from: Krandall on January 27, 2009, 07:24:58 AM
I've seen pictures of it. So that mounts on the bars up top right? not down below on the frame like the rest of the stabilizers I've seen (Precision & CCP)?

it actually mounts below, i am told that this is to acomodate the different styles of bars and risers for an atv.  skimming through the instructions, there appears to be a spacer to move a brake like out of the way.  i will do a full write up and review of the unit once i have it installed and it warms up conciderably.

Kamakazi

Quote from: gr8ride4u2luv on January 27, 2009, 12:29:54 AM
If you dont mind me asking where did you purchase it at and how much was it. My next purchase is some bars and a stabilizer!

I work at a cat/kawi dealer, and i am a parts person, they let me become a dealer for what ever i want, so when I sourced the flexx bars, the company I am dealing with also carry the GPR stabilizer, so i decided i wanted to try it out.  list on this thing is very expensive (600$CAD).  unless you are in canada close to me, or if i get to SL where other riders can test the unit, i would buy a stabilizer from one of our many sponsors for a much cheaper price.  not that i dont want to sell one to you, but unless you really want these features, im sure the ccp or precision would be more than adequate.  hope this answers your question.

Krandall

Awesome. Looking forward to the Spring Thaw and your write up on these. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: