Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Oil readings and Information  (Read 6572 times)

Offline vAtO

• VIP Orange
  • Street Cred: 1
Re: Oil readings and Information
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 06:23:32 PM »
I'm always searching for the "next" oil. The Mobil One looks great, but it did shear down so ultimately it would be nice to have an oil that doesn't shear as much so fast. I think I may have found one, Schaeffer's Micron Moly Racing 40wt. I sent in a virgin sample at the same time I sent the Mobil One. Take a look below, phosphorus and zinc numbers are lower than Mobil One Racing 4T, but are still plenty high, there is a little bigger dose of moly for less friction and it is a single grade oil. A single grade oil doesn't have any of the viscosity index improvers that multi-grade oils use to be multi-grade. What this means, or should mean, is that it won't shear out of grade, it will stay a 40wt. The only thing that bothers me a little if running a straight weight 40wt is that I can't run it when it's too cold. I live in the deep south so that's not much of a problem, but our last race morning was 27F when the green flag dropped so the Schaffer's wouldn't work to well in temps like that. The Schaeffer's is a dino oil, I'm not afraid to run dino oils in my Raptor at all, should work well. I'll post a UOA when it warms up and I switch to this oil. Until then I'm sticking with the Mobil One Racing 4T.
CP piston 12.1
RE CNC head port
Web 4 cam
KW spring kit
+1 Ferrea Valves
FCI intake K&N
EVAC Valve
PCV w/Autotune
+2.5 TB
Iridium
15T