Cam and Ignition?

Started by desdak4, January 23, 2009, 06:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desdak4

Guys, I have an '07 SE with Monsters, Fuel ATV Intake, PCIII and the Crankcase Evac Valve. I do have a kill switch wired in.

Anyway, I would kind of like to look into just a bit more power via a cam and nonprogramable ignition. So what would be the best setup and a good price to do it.

Thanks,
Jay
'07 Raptor 700 SE / Monster Duals / PC III / FUEL ATV Intake / AC Pro Pegs / Pro Armor Bumper / Pro Armor Grab Bar / G-Force Spacers / G-Force Hubs / 36 Tooth / T-9 BAJAs w/GNCCs / Flexx Bars / Dr. D Reverse Lever / Full Skids / Pro Armor Kill / Kennys CrankCase Valve and more to come I am sure

Gunz

I was extremely happy with my HotCamII and Dynatek Ign, they work really well together.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

desdak4

Yeah, that is one option I am looking at. I am concerned with getting maps as I don't have dyno in my state. So I have to be careful.

Jay
'07 Raptor 700 SE / Monster Duals / PC III / FUEL ATV Intake / AC Pro Pegs / Pro Armor Bumper / Pro Armor Grab Bar / G-Force Spacers / G-Force Hubs / 36 Tooth / T-9 BAJAs w/GNCCs / Flexx Bars / Dr. D Reverse Lever / Full Skids / Pro Armor Kill / Kennys CrankCase Valve and more to come I am sure

DL700

dont waste the money on the non programmable  dynatek.... go programmable with some custom curves IMO...... u get a lot more performance....
hc2  or hc3 are both good choices on the cheap! depending on where u ride and what your future plans with the piston are
CUERVO RACING

desdak4

I hear a lot of conflicting info on the dynateks. I think it is KBR that seems to dig the nonprogramable but I am not sure.

I will only go further into the motor if it goes south. I just want a little more power for our trip to the dunes in May.

Thanks,
Jay

russ-russ

If you don't plan to do a piston, I'd recommend the HC2, programmable dynatek with custom curves, and also consider a +2 throttle body bore from KDS.  There hasn't been as much talk about 6-mod bikes lately, but I ran this setup for a while and was very happy with it.

Krandall

Although I have nothing to compare to other than bone stock, the performance of the stage 2 hot cam is 2nd to none.  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

DL700

Quote from: desdak4 on January 23, 2009, 10:50:00 PM
I hear a lot of conflicting info on the dynateks. I think it is KBR that seems to dig the nonprogramable but I am not sure.

I will only go further into the motor if it goes south. I just want a little more power for our trip to the dunes in May.

Thanks,
Jay
there is absolutely nothing good about CURVE 2..... one flip of a switch will quickly change your/their mind.....
for anyone wanting to upgrade from a non programmable to a PROGRAMMABLE IGNITION W/ CUSTOM CURVES then hit me up...
i will send u one  to test.
CUERVO RACING

desdak4

I understand what you are saying but, if I get to custom I put myself in a corner with no map and no way to get one. The closest dyno is 500 miles away and almost no experience with quads.

Jay

Krandall

Quote from: desdak4 on January 25, 2009, 11:26:11 AM
I understand what you are saying but, if I get to custom I put myself in a corner with no map and no way to get one. The closest dyno is 500 miles away and almost no experience with quads.

Jay

You can send your dynatek alone to DL700 and he will put a custom curved map on there that best suits your mods. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

NaturalRaptor

I wish the dynatek was quick disconnectable at the unit instead of having to pull the whole thing out. But oh well. It was still a great mod to me.
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

PDX Raptor

Quote from: NaturalRaptor on January 26, 2009, 11:06:18 AM
I wish the dynatek was quick disconnectable at the unit instead of having to pull the whole thing out. But oh well. It was still a great mod to me.
Dyno Jet just unplugs
Charlie

Gunz

Quote from: DL700 on January 25, 2009, 01:28:04 AM
Quote from: desdak4 on January 23, 2009, 10:50:00 PM

Thanks,
Jay
there is absolutely nothing good about CURVE 2..... one flip of a switch will quickly change your/their mind.....
for anyone wanting to upgrade from a non programmable to a PROGRAMMABLE IGNITION W/ CUSTOM CURVES then hit me up...
i will send u one  to test.

DL700,

I'll take you up on that. I ride 40-80hrs a month and have around 400 hours on my nonprogrammable. I would like to give a programmable ingition with your curve an honest test. I can do a dune and woods test on it in the same weekend. My mods in signature, so if there is a difference I should notice it.

Michael

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

fireman5166

dl 700 I have the programmable dynatek. how much is it for your curve if I send it to ya?
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

PDX Raptor

Not to HiJack the thread, but how does the Dyna work? My PCIII has and second window I can open up to view/change my curve. Reason why I ask is wouldn't the curve on the dyna be the same as the Dyno-jet? Could we interchange each other's  curves??
Charlie