Basic setup Questions

Started by Oilfield_Mafia, January 21, 2009, 08:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oilfield_Mafia

Ok, well thanks to Colorado700 and SoCalrappy , I got my suspension setup properly today.. for ME.(230lbs).  :clap:

Now with some more questions. But first, I will tell you about my riding habits, areas and such. Because Im sure it makes a difference.

I ride 90% of the time here in Eastern Oklahoma. Woods, creeks, trails, backyard flat tracks, small jumps (im chicken sh*t  :P), Very little sand, rocks, gravel, steep hills, rarely in 5th gear except on pavement. I spend ALOT of time in 2, 3 and 4th gears, tight turns. Low end power is great as is, but more is always better  :D I catch myself doing alot of donuts with this thing.. Ive only had it 2 days now. I like playin in the mud too. And just putting around with my wife and kids on their ATV's.

Now I think I have a setup picked out, but want some expierenced opinions on the parts Ive choosen. Please let me know if they are good for my application or not.

Exhaust: Barker Duals with billet clamps, PC III, Pro Flow Intake and outerware box cover, Stock Sproket sizes front and rear, but RK brand with an RK chain and CCP Stabilizer..

If there is anything that is in that list, that might not be necessary for me, please let me know. Also if there is something Im missing here. Thanks in advance ya'll! 8)
Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

BRAD

The list sounds good man.  But I dont think there is a need to swap chain and sprockets right from the get go. I believe the factory stuff would be just fine until it gets alittle warn out
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Oilfield_Mafia

:thumbs:

Thanks, glad to hear that my reading on here has paid off with some good decisions. Guess I need to start puttin some play $ in a jar now..  :grin_nod:

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

1badazz_700r

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Warren

i say you will do just fine with that list of mods you have there.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Krandall

Hot Cam Stage 2. :thumbs: That money you were going to put in to Chain, put into a stage 2 cam. You'll REALLLY wake the low power beast!  :grin_nod:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

Quote from: Oilfield_Mafia on January 21, 2009, 09:36:47 PM

Thanks, glad to hear that my reading on here has paid off with some good decisions. Guess I need to start puttin some play $ in a jar now..  :grin_nod:

the rappy jar:  everytime you think of modding, or talk about modding, throw a quarter in the jar :grin_nod:  ull be broke in no time
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Colorado700R

When you get your mods done, through a 15T front sprocket on.  Lets you apply your torq much better  :thumbs:

Oilfield_Mafia

Quote from: kamakazi on January 22, 2009, 09:03:56 AM

the rappy jar:  everytime you think of modding, or talk about modding, throw a quarter in the jar :grin_nod:  ull be broke in no time

:lol: :lol: yea right, more like throw a $10 bill in the jar..

preddy08

In all honesty I would not do dual. No offence to you dual guys, but for a stock motor, its a huge waste, dare I say your leaving a little power in the table with duals being overkill for a STOCK motor.

Not to mention the added weight, hassle, cost, and fitment that duals can bring.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Colorado700R

Quote from: preddy08 on January 22, 2009, 09:17:42 AM
In all honesty I would not do dual. No offence to you dual guys, but for a stock motor, its a huge waste, dare I say your leaving a little power in the table with duals being overkill for a STOCK motor.

Not to mention the added weight, hassle, cost, and fitment that duals can bring.

Chances hill stop modifying at the three mods.......Zero!!    :lol: 

preddy08

Oh and if you want a CCP stabilizer I have one for sale for 150 bucks.

I just picked up a Precision for 2hundy :P :P :P
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

socalrappy700

Quote from: preddy08 on January 22, 2009, 09:30:15 AM
Oh and if you want a CCP stabilizer I have one for sale for 150 bucks.

I just picked up a Precision for 2hundy :P :P :P

Let us know if you find a difference between the two.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Leanfactor

Quote from: Oilfield_Mafia on January 21, 2009, 08:55:39 PM
Ok, well thanks to Colorado700 and SoCalrappy , I got my suspension setup properly today.. for ME.(230lbs).  :clap:

Now with some more questions. But first, I will tell you about my riding habits, areas and such. Because Im sure it makes a difference.

I ride 90% of the time here in Eastern Oklahoma. Woods, creeks, trails, backyard flat tracks, small jumps (im chicken sh*t  :P), Very little sand, rocks, gravel, steep hills, rarely in 5th gear except on pavement. I spend ALOT of time in 2, 3 and 4th gears, tight turns. Low end power is great as is, but more is always better  :D I catch myself doing alot of donuts with this thing.. Ive only had it 2 days now. I like playin in the mud too. And just putting around with my wife and kids on their ATV's.

Now I think I have a setup picked out, but want some expierenced opinions on the parts Ive choosen. Please let me know if they are good for my application or not.

Exhaust: Barker Duals with billet clamps, PC III, Pro Flow Intake and outerware box cover, Stock Sproket sizes front and rear, but RK brand with an RK chain and CCP Stabilizer..

If there is anything that is in that list, that might not be necessary for me, please let me know. Also if there is something Im missing here. Thanks in advance ya'll! 8)

I need to adjust my suspension for me also (202 lbs).  Can you give me some tips on where to start?
2008 Raptor 700R
        DRD Slip-on
        AFI Intake
        Powercommander V
2008 Honda TRX700XX - Stock
2008 Raptor 80

AMSOIL in all engines!!

Need Amsoil or have any questions, PM me any time!

Kamakazi

Quote from: Oilfield_Mafia on January 22, 2009, 09:15:08 AM
Quote from: kamakazi on January 22, 2009, 09:03:56 AM

:lol: :lol: yea right, more like throw a $10 bill in the jar..

ya but im concerned you wont be able to afford food anymore :grin_nod:
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"