Is a stock 660 better than a stock 700?

Started by Headrope, January 19, 2009, 02:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on January 26, 2009, 02:55:14 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on January 26, 2009, 02:52:29 PM
FYI, for you guys with the SE's or black rims in general....a Black sharpie will hide dings, till you can touch them up later  :thumbs:

Aaron sounds like he is gunning for my "cheapest motherf**ker alive" status. :lol:

But really, great idea.

just wait till you nick one of your rims, you'll be all  :'( :'( , and then you'll remember what ole "rado said  :lol:

FoundArealQuad

DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Headrope

Y'all worry about scratches in rims?  Looking pretty is what Suzukis are for. :P
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Peelz

Quote from: Headrope on January 26, 2009, 03:50:44 PM
Y'all worry about scratches in rims?  Looking pretty is what Suzukis are for. :P

+1

but...minus 1 for using Y'all in a post :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

The SE crowd is more in touch with their astetics  :fruity:

:lol:

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on January 26, 2009, 04:25:19 PM

The SE crowd is more in touch with their astetics  :fruity:

:lol:

The non se crowd is in touch with poor spelling. :lol: aesthetics
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Peelz

With my new found experience...NO, 660 is not better!  Totally different machine. Rode my 700 5hours yesterday. To say that I am happy with my purchase would be an understatement. 2nd 3rd gear wheelies all day, comfortably. Overall has more power than 660.  :thumbs: And I am still 100% stock.

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on February 16, 2009, 09:07:41 AM
any difference in suspension?

just a little.  Case in point, I didn't roll it all day. :)  :lol:

Seriously soaks up way more of the rough stuff.   :thumbs:

Mad Dog

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on February 15, 2009, 12:43:15 PM
With my new found experience...NO, 660 is not better!  Totally different machine. Rode my 700 5hours yesterday. To say that I am happy with my purchase would be an understatement. 2nd 3rd gear wheelies all day, comfortably. Overall has more power than 660.  :thumbs: And I am still 100% stock.

Traitor!!!

It's a different experience to be sure, as you've seen Headrope.  The 660 had a smaller footprint because they were trying to put the 660 Raptor in the same class as the 400ex and that translated to shorter wheelbase and along with the potential trail applications caused the shorter width.  Because of this it's a different type of ride, one that takes more rider input and body interaction but simultaneously makes the quad feel lighter and more nimble, even if it is less stable.  When the 700 came around the wide stance and low seat was the popular setup, so they copied their yfz and therefore changed the rider/handling dynamic.  Most say for the better, and in most situations I'd tend to agree, but there is a unique feel to the 660's stock setup that can be very enjoyable.

Krandall

Quote from: Mad Dog on February 16, 2009, 10:44:51 AM
Most say for the better, and in most situations I'd tend to agree, but there is a unique feel to the 660's stock setup that can be very enjoyable.

Just remember... that "attatchment" on your seat is NOT stock.. That's why you find it more enjoyable. :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

MD...I did not say anything mean.  :lol:

I more than enjoyed my 660. In some ways, I will miss it. All  I am saying is the 700 one-upped it. It never was a bad quad. I am really happy with how balanced the new quad is. You can ride it faster with less physical effort.

660 was totally fast enough, but I felt like I'd been beaten with 2x4's when I was done riding. :lol: Leaning, hanging on, picking up broken grab bars..etc. . :lol: :lol: Put a good suspension kit on it, lowered a little....different story altogether. I just didn't want to put $ into something that is gonna keep falling apart.  (know anything about that MD?)  :rofl:

Oh, and parts availability isn't what it used to be, either. Oh, and did I mention the new one was sexy?  :grin_nod: