Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Tweakers suck  (Read 3667 times)

LittleBuddha

Tweakers suck
« on: May 21, 2008, 10:33:42 AM »
Just a heads up for what we're starting to see out here in Arizona.  Tweakers are now stealing peoples'  catalytic converters because of the $$$ they can get from scrap yards.  I'd love to hook up an alarm on my truck that consisted of a couple claymores.   :thumbs:

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
Re: Tweakers suck
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 10:37:06 AM »
that was going on in cali just before I left.  They are getting around 100 bucks for one.  But to replace it if yours is stolen is around 600.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 10:37:28 AM »
Just a heads up for what we're starting to see out here in Arizona.  Tweakers are now stealing peoples'  catalytic converters because of the $$$ they can get from scrap yards.  I'd love to hook up an alarm on my truck that consisted of a couple claymores.   :thumbs:

also breaking in to construction sites and stealing copper tubing too. drugs are fun, ain't they? ???
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 10:42:39 AM »
My uncle owns an old house not being lived in as he's working on remodeling it.. some punk ass kids went in there and stole the copper pipes... :mad:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 10:43:46 AM »
I would f :mad: ing flip out!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

LittleBuddha

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 10:45:59 AM »

also breaking in to construction sites and stealing copper tubing too. drugs are fun, ain't they? ???

It's awesome when they try and steal copper wire and they hit a live wire.  Fried tweaker anyone?   :clap:

LittleBuddha

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 10:46:50 AM »
that was going on in cali just before I left.  They are getting around 100 bucks for one.  But to replace it if yours is stolen is around 600.

And some cars have two and even four.   :mad:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 10:47:34 AM »

It's awesome when they try and steal copper wire and they hit a live wire.  Fried tweaker anyone?   :clap:

There was a story a person I know e-mailed me. I'll see if I can find it.... that happend!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 10:50:06 AM »

:rofl: mmmm, yum! :rofl:

LittleBuddha

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 10:51:59 AM »

There was a story a person I know e-mailed me. I'll see if I can find it.... that happend!

Some tweaker was hanging from a utility pole after getting zapped.  It was awesome.  Unfortunately he lived.   :(

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 10:52:15 AM »

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 10:56:53 AM »
Found the link:

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSL1283190120080212

WOW....

"The sheer stupidity of cutting through power cables should be glaringly obvious to everyone,"

:rofl: apparently not. ???

Offline vern burny

• Street Cred: 0
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 10:59:49 AM »
This has already happened to me, it is getting pretty common around the Twin Cities here in Minnesota.  My fiance was taking my truck to the park-n-ride where she would then take the bus to work.  Somebody crawled under the truck with a battery powered sawzall and cut the exhaust pipe in fornt of the cat and almost through the pipe behind it.  Something must have scared them away before they could finish since they didn't take it with.  I didn't realize anything had happened until I was driving down the road and all of a sudden my truck got real loud.  I thought my exhaust had just come loose until I went under the truck and saw that it had been cut.

They target any vehicle they can crawl under in a parking lot.  A couple of times a month the fiance says someone will get off the bus, start up their truck and it sounds like a harley.  I have heard of people now having the VIN # etched onto the cat so that the recycling centers can run numbers if they think it is stolen.

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 11:02:50 AM »
that's a great idea etching the vin into the cat...  :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 11:04:13 AM »
They do some crazy shit here, but they stick mostly to pawn shops.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum