My Raptor Build (Progress Pics)

Started by Mtneer Man, January 10, 2009, 05:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtneer Man

Well this winter I have been puttin part together to build a 300 ft. 700 raptor. Here are a few pics of the tear down. I got the bike down to the frame, removed the motor, took off the front brakes, headlight brackets, and steering stem. I got up to Lotuseaters house this morning and we started the motor tear down. We got the head off just fine but when we got the cylinder off I noticed some wear (chip) in the Nik. Coating on the intake side. We finally figured out that this had to happen when we were at the dunes and I lost my whole intake for about 10 min. We finally found it and got it reinstalled but I had ran without if for a good 10 min. My head is goin to Bo White for a upgraded port job, the cylinder is also goin to bo for a sleeve and to get a lil milled off the top. The piston is gettin reringed with a set of rings from total seal. The TB is goin to KDS to go from a +2 to a +3. Got a lockup clutch and +8 swinger headin this way too. If the wife doesnt kill me after all that I will start ordering some light weight a arms, steering stem, and other misc parts.

Here is a pic. of the frame and motor parts with some close ups of the Nik. chip on the cylinder.

T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)
Stellar Machine and Performance

Krandall

NICE! :clap:
I'm assuming your going for the drag port from Bo?  +1 intake or +1 all around valves?

As far as the sleeving. are you keeping stock bore or going 105+? 

Which clutch did you end up going with the Giggot (sp?) or the direct drive?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

fastraptor

Man I wish mine would blow up so I can go big ! 
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Mtneer Man

Quote from: Krandall on January 12, 2009, 09:00:20 AM
NICE! :clap:
I'm assuming your going for the drag port from Bo?  +1 intake or +1 all around valves?

As far as the sleeving. are you keeping stock bore or going 105+? 

Which clutch did you end up going with the Giggot (sp?) or the direct drive?

Im just goin +1 intakes, stock exhaust. I am staying stock bore and I went with the Direct Drive from KBR, thanks Kam
Just got my Spindle Mounts in today. Nothin fancy but they will do the job. Here is a pic.

T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)

VelociRaptor

I dont know about that, once yours stuff gets here for me to sleeve.....its just a piston purchase away going to 105mm :nana:

preddy08

Dont fall for it, thats how he got me:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Mtneer Man

I really want to run in the Stock bore/stroke class at the OEM Frame Shootout in Alabama in May. Im workin on more lightweight parts and might need a Jockey, Bo, your a lil guy arent ya. Its only an hour or so from your place.
T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)

Mtneer Man

Quote from: VelociRaptor on January 12, 2009, 08:22:19 PM
I dont know about that, once yours stuff gets here for me to sleeve.....its just a piston purchase away going to 105mm :nana:

Well, found out my piston had some stress cracks in it and had to go ahead and order a new one. Had to say goodbye to my lil stock bore and bump it up to 727. Went with a Racers Edge 14:1
T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)

Krandall

Are you sleeving or boring?

Your gonna like that 727 :clap: :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Mtneer Man

Sleeving with an o-ring and head studs.
T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Mtneer Man

T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)

Mtneer Man

Here is a pic of the lockup cover and my jockey hahaha.
T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)

Krandall

looks awesome!!!!

Boy.. the weight savings of that jocky alone is adding 10+ HP for ya! :rofl:  :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Mtneer Man

Got my Drag Arms in Yesterday. Just waiting on my swinger to get finished up and then they are off to PC. Here is some pics Lotuseater took for me.

T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)