whos getting worried about their jobs???

Started by Warren, January 08, 2009, 08:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

today at work we had a plant wide communications meeting and one of the topics was work load in our plant. our plant supervisior is not feeling to confident that our work schedule is going to fill up very quickly. he also said that they have predicted a 20% drop in sales this year over last. and my department is getting hit worse because we don't have any work scheduled out past the next 2 weeks. :( the people in my department can be farmed out to help the other departments but they are going to run out of work in the next 2 months if nothing changes. all the guys that have the same job title as me tell me that we'd be the last ones to go because it's so hard to find TIG welders in this area, but i'm still getting worried about getting laid off. so basically i'm not going to be getting my new enclosed trailer and i have to save up and get the wolvy paid off, that way i only have the loan on my truck to worry about. damnit this sucks!!!  :'( :'( :'(

ok i'm done venting now.

i'm just wondering though is anyone else worried about getting laid off from their jobs?
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Kamakazi

that sucks man, sorry to hear about your troubles.  i am sure you wont have much trouble finding tig work, arround where i live nobody will pass up a good welder, and if you have skillz, you dont ever have to worry.  best of luck to you man :thumbs:
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

RaptorRandy

I am worried about being unemployed for the first time in my adult life due to our poor local economy and higher than the national average unemployment, there's just no good jobs left in my area.

We in the front office got cut back last April to 32 hrs a week because boat orders were down.......it's gotten worse, today we got cut back to 3 days a week and we have laid off the majority of our workers and cut staff way down. Now I am part time, have no more benifits for the first time in my career and come March I may be jobless. Things are tuff all over right now  ::)

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

AJ RAPTOR

i cant worry about it when i already been layed off this would one of them times this topic came up to little to late you could say in my case lol
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
11:1 wiseco high compression piston
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stage 2 dynojet intake kit
stock pipe guts removed
protaper atv highbend bars
kenda knarly tires
0 - +3 team firestick axle
powermadd handgards
alx and gytr skids and nerfs

theres 2 kinds of riders, thouse that ride up to there skill level and thouse who crash down to it.

russ-russ

My area is still artificially insulated from this recession.  We have oil and gas field work in this area and the money that brings with it seems to be protecting us for now.  If the democrats kill oil and gas exploration, we're probably screwed.  It has slowed down some here, but nothing like what I see on the news elsewhere in the country.  I work for a small manufacturing shop (about 42 people) that does a mix of aerospace, industrial, and commercial work.  We just bought a bigger building and several new machines, including a couple 5-axis mills, so we're doing well right now.

preddy08

My company just analized our workload and made cuts acordingly and THANK GERD I was not one of them :clap:

Being the the Land Devlopment business its are not good! We use to to 7-8 residential devlopments and last year we did ZERO! The only think keeping us afloat is government devlopments, Airports, and private owners. Residential was out bread and butter.

I'm still holding my breath though.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

99f250

Oddly enough, I work for Boeing and our aviation market is struggling in the US, however the Chinese and European markets are stronger than they've ever thought to be! They are purchasing more new aircraft deliveries than in the last 10 years, but in the US sales have almost come to a halt. The exception being new deliveries of the Boeing 787 aircraft.
Our Marine market is mixed, the private's are struggling and just drinking beer in the docks however the commercial boaters/freighters are picking up. More companies are moving to boats vs. trucker transport and it seems to be increasing. Delay time is increased from 2-7 days for west coast vs. east coast deliveries but that could swing quickly based on diesel prices finally coming down somewhat.

Luckily, within my department we are technical support so we still have our customer base that relies on us and as long as they don't move to new vendors things are fairly stable. September 11th was a big shock to our company, and that is why we seriously looked into other markets outside of aviation to help keep our company strong.

I have many friends that are losing jobs, not in any specific area, but we are all feeling some sort of impact unfortunately :(
Mine: 2008 Raptor 700R, Renthall's, skids, nerfs, more to come
Hers: 2007 Raptor 350 SE
Son's: 2008 Raptor 250 SE, GYTR Intake and Pipe
Retired: 2005 Raptor 660, too many mods to list, 2004 Raptor 110
Need Amsoil or have questions? PM me!

Gunz

In 17 hours from now I will be closing down 1 of my businesses. Sales are at zero due to the fact that nobody is spending money. This is most likely going to be temporary, but never-the-less it's still a huge pain in the a$$.

4brokeazz4x4z

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Blair

i to am late to this party...

i was laid of late last year, i was in the boat accesories industry, and the company i worked for had based their buisness on OEM accounts... which had basicly come to a halt... such is life...

i start school next week to become an operator in an oil refinery...
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

fireman5166

Quote from: 99f250 on January 08, 2009, 09:58:23 PM
Oddly enough, I work for Boeing and our aviation market is struggling in the US, however the Chinese and European markets are stronger than they've ever thought to be! They are purchasing more new aircraft deliveries than in the last 10 years, but in the US sales have almost come to a halt. The exception being new deliveries of the Boeing 787 aircraft.
Our Marine market is mixed, the private's are struggling and just drinking beer in the docks however the commercial boaters/freighters are picking up. More companies are moving to boats vs. trucker transport and it seems to be increasing. Delay time is increased from 2-7 days for west coast vs. east coast deliveries but that could swing quickly based on diesel prices finally coming down somewhat.

Luckily, within my department we are technical support so we still have our customer base that relies on us and as long as they don't move to new vendors things are fairly stable. September 11th was a big shock to our company, and that is why we seriously looked into other markets outside of aviation to help keep our company strong.

I have many friends that are losing jobs, not in any specific area, but we are all feeling some sort of impact unfortunately :(

I sure hope boeing gets going because they buy our endmills. we have a contract with them.  If they are slow then we are slow. on a good note I hear that they are picking up.  :clap:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

bigbullseye78

Quote from: fireman5166 on January 09, 2009, 02:03:53 AM
Quote from: 99f250 on January 08, 2009, 09:58:23 PM

I sure hope boeing gets going because they buy our endmills. we have a contract with them.  If they are slow then we are slow. on a good note I hear that they are picking up.  :clap:

fireman5166 and I both work at the same place so I feel the same way.One dept. left 1 1/2 early because they ran out of work.I hope something changes and fast. :(
PC111
Monster Quad intake
DMC Force 4 duals
Hot Cam stage 3
13t front sprocket

disco

Warren, I think with a skill or trade you def. have a leg up on other people.  My dad always told me to get into some kind of trade, get some kind of skill so if something ever happens, I could move somewhere else and pick up where I left off.  I have a CDL but I'll bet you there are more guys out there with a CDL than guys that can TIG. 

From what I hear, Houston has been somewhat insulated from the recession so I haven't felt anything YET. 
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Peelz

I am worried for my workers, not me. Keep your chin up Warren. Remember, if you have a trailer and a bathtub, you are golden. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

I've been worried for the past four months.

It's not getting any better here. It's hit and miss.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

NCHKustoms

Well... all hope is lost for me. The place i was working was supposed to be hiring 8 new guys at the beginning of the year.. (this was talked about for 6 months before) Well turns out they were only gonna hire 2 and just let some of us go. They let us know 1 1/2 weeks ahead of our quiting time! What a joke.. even though I was only doing an internship there, they said they ere going to hire the 4 interns plus 4 other guys. Well.. here i sit now.. jobless.. and to make matters even better! NO places are hiring! Now what am i supposed to do.. I dont even get enough $ from unemployment do pay bills.. im screwed.  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

RYan
2004 Honda 440ex.

Future Raptor Owner.