Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: VholdR video camera  (Read 3905 times)

Offline fireman5166

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 2
  • Yes its fast! No you can't ride it!
    • myspace
Re: VholdR video camera
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 01:37:13 AM »
does it have its own built in recorder or does it require one? Also how much for everything. thanks 

Yes it is self contained. The camera I pictured above is all you need to rock and roll with. No battery pack to worry about, no wires hanging, and it has a built in mic for recording sound. To charge battery or view video, simply plug in the USB cable to your PC.

The price is around $300-$400 with an SD card (Depends on who you buy from to get the SD card), Battery, Helmet mount, and USB cable. Of course you will have to do some searching to get the beast price. Twenty20 has them for sale right now at $329.00 w/SD card.

thanks. I have the hero cam but yours is way better. just maybe my wife will buy me one. :grin_nod: not likely  :'( 
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

Offline Blair

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 09:49:38 PM »
is there any way to get extra helmet mounts???

i think it would be cool to be able to put it onto a different helmet... (me and my bro in law) as well as have one mount for my helmet and have some film of some steep and deep powder skiing...
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Offline TechQuadShop

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Your ONE stop ATV SHOP
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »
Extra helmet mounts are available.
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

Offline bustedplastic

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 07:43:03 AM »
While browsing the internets I may have found some useful information.  I was reading about the battery charging red lite problem on the vholdr and came across this:  On Vholdr's actual site forums a guy mentions that the battery is the same as a BL-5C nokia battery.  This was a response from one of the VholdR owners.

"Naturally you might have a tougher time getting support if your "non-VholdR" battery blows up in your camera, but I think we can all bet that's probably not going to happen…

We have them as accessories as well for $30 which I believe is pretty comparable, but we're not in the business of selling Lith-ion batteries, we do video, so it won't break our hearts if you get your battery elsewhere."

This means that you can get batteries for much cheaper.  I have ordered a couple generic replacement nokia batteries off ebay for 15 bucks to give them a try.  The ones i bought are 1020 mah which are a little higher capacity than the stock vholdr ones.  I did a search, and others seem to be using them without problem, so im going to take the chance on them, figured others may want to know!  :thumbs: