paddles in snow???

Started by Warren, January 02, 2009, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

who has rode through snow with there paddle tires? i have heard it doesn't work much better then normal tires. but i would think different. does anyone have any other thoughts on paddles in snow?
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Colorado700R

wasn't really worth much when I tried it.  I've heard that it takes the right type of snow to make it work.  I'd like to try some 4-snows and see how they do.   They're fairly cheap too  :clap:

NCHKustoms

Me and Krandall were out today, him on his Raptor and me on the 440. We both have our paddles on and were cruizin around in about 14" of powder and it seemed to be working out great! Then when we got onto the snowmobile trails.. we tore it up! MY personal opinion is they help out quite a bit. Wheelies all over the place! Worst part is, we found out its a bugger to get off of ice. Other than that I'd say go for it!!  :thumbs:

RYan
2004 Honda 440ex.

Future Raptor Owner.

Peelz

IF you have deep packed snow, (like the northerner above) it helps a bit. Fluffy powder they are useless. Unless you never stop or slow down. :lol: Ice or frozen snow will tear the f**k out of the paddles. Turning my kendas around worked just the same. Paddles just burid me faster. :lol:

Best bet tall ass tires! Or just ride the wolvy. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Kamakazi

ive sold 4 sets at work already, somebody thinks that they are worth it, all of them said they were gonna be runnin on the lake.  i dont have any personal experience though
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

fireman5166

I ran them in the snow and all I did was dig to china.
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

kyledvor61

Peelz

Quote from: kyledvor61 on January 02, 2009, 11:01:53 PM
Works for me

I don't get it....are they easier to push through snow...with a seized motor? :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

kyledvor61

Quote from: Peels660 on January 02, 2009, 11:12:55 PM
Works for me

I don't get it....are they easier to push through snow...with a seized motor? :lol:
it goes faster than your 660.

Peelz

Quote from: kyledvor61 on January 02, 2009, 11:27:33 PM
Works for me

:rolleyes:   :lol:  took you too long. mini ho is off his game.

Sorry warren, I started it.   :ot:

kyledvor61

Quote from: Peels660 on January 02, 2009, 11:37:41 PM
Quote from: kyledvor61 on January 02, 2009, 11:27:33 PM
Works for me

:rolleyes:   :lol:  took you too long. mini ho is off his game.

Sorry warren, I started it.   :ot:
I forgot about the area outside of the offtopic section :lol:

but ive always had good luck with running paddles

who else but rk

your best bet is to take out the wolvy. the 350 does pretty good in the snow, i cant imagine how well the 4x4 450 would do. plus you dont have to worry about your clutch
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Peelz

Quote from: who else but rk on January 03, 2009, 07:18:55 AM
your best bet is to take out the wolvy. the 350 does pretty good in the snow, i cant imagine how well the 4x4 450 would do. plus you dont have to worry about your clutch

+1 less power, the better.

Warren

ok i guess the next snow we get i'll have to try out the wolverine. it's surprising to me i havn't taken it out in the snow yet this year.  ??? there's a huge patch of ice right outside of town i'm wanting to hit though. i'll take it out there too. thanks for your input guys.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

scurry57

Quote from: warren on January 03, 2009, 01:00:15 PM
ok i guess the next snow we get i'll have to try out the wolverine. it's surprising to me i havn't taken it out in the snow yet this year.  ??? there's a huge patch of ice right outside of town i'm wanting to hit though. i'll take it out there too. thanks for your input guys.  :thumbs:

I ripped up that patch of ice earlier today and i didnt fall through it was crackin a bit tho in the deep stuff.

2008 yamaha 700r raptor
HMF exhaust full system
pcIII
rock nerfs
velocity intake
airbox lid removed
custom made grab bar (by warren)
(soon to be) hc2