handle bar and stem?

Started by 1badazz_700r, January 02, 2009, 03:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badazz_700r

I am in need of new handlebars and steering stem, Not sure what i want though. Would you guys post up some pix of your bars and what type and bend they are.
Also what is the best stem. iam leaning toward flexx bars and houser antivibe stem.  but want to see some pictures of differant types. Thanks in advance

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Gunz

I've got some Rox anti'vibe risers on the way. I think if my stem was jacked up, I would have went with a +2 Houser anti-vibe stem.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

kyledvor61

Flexx 14 degree/ Burgard +1 antivibe

same stem, Pro Taper ATV Hi bars jet black

1badazz_700r

So are the flexx bars worth the money? and i like those pro taper's kyle. thats the exact style i would get if i dont get the flexx bars.Thanks guys.

Common guys theres gotta be more pix out there :help:

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

Headrope

If you want something fancy cool. But if just looking to replace a steering stem and set of handlebars you might consider stock parts. They work fine and you could be riding again for less than the price of just the aftermarket handlebars.
Yamaha: Stock handlebars = $35; steering stem = $88; total = $123.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

1badazz_700r

I thought about that. But want want something a little stronger for the next time :thumbs: cause we all know there is always a next time when you ride hard :lol:

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

PDX Raptor

I don't have any pics, but can tell you the Houser antivibe stem was money well spent. Much smoother ride and better ride height. I have Protaper/ Raptor bend bars. They are much lighter and stronger than stock and cheap!
Charlie

1badazz_700r

PDX,so the houser stem is taller than stock? did you get the +3/4 0r +1.5

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

PDX Raptor

I went with the 1.5, but if I remeber right the actually rise is only 3/4" higher. I got the mount also (7/8).
Charlie

PDX Raptor

I also went with ASV shorty's and DR D reverse. Moved the Key to the reverse hole in the plastics. Powder Coater makes a nice billet adapter that fits nicely. Not sure how much you are looking to do, but I really love this set up compared to stock. If you don't want to move the key, Rox makes a nice adapter that fits in the after market bar mounts.
Charlie

1badazz_700r

I thought about doing that myself also. How well does the dr.d work. also planned on getting the asv complete kit. Or thought about putting my ignition on a toggle and eliminate a key by mounting it somewhere secret :lol: cause lets face it,if someone wants to steel it there going to. Key or no key. unless your standing right there

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

PDX Raptor

Love the DR D. Some guys had routing issues,but my install took about 10 minutes. Soooo much nicer to have it on the bar. All of it was pretty to install. My biggest issue was adjusting the clutch cable to get it just right. Yea I know dirt bags will try to steal you bike no matter what you do. I bought a big ass chain and an even bigger dog for camping trips.
Charlie

1badazz_700r

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

Gunz

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on January 06, 2009, 05:11:25 PM
I thought about doing that myself also. How well does the dr.d work. also planned on getting the asv complete kit. Or thought about putting my ignition on a toggle and eliminate a key by mounting it somewhere secret :lol: cause lets face it,if someone wants to steel it there going to. Key or no key. unless your standing right there

Hands down the Dr D is money well spent. I have no idea why manufactures don't put the reverse on the bars. At least Polaris figured it out.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

exentix

you know what you want, just get it already, youve been talking about it for months haha  :lol: