Installing Jet Trim seat?

Started by socalrappy700, December 27, 2008, 09:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

Ok, so I have my new seat cover and I wanted to see what people used to attach it to the seat shell.  The stock seat cover is attached by short staples but I have no idea how to get a staple gun into such a tight area.  Any ideas?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

E, Just get a staple gun and use the largest staples alocated by the manu. I started at the back and worked twards the front. If it does'nt work out, then start over. I insatalled mine in under a half an our in a rush, and it turned out great. Just give it a try, and see what happens.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

LotusPosition

The covers will stretch better when warm. I have had the best success installing them in the sun on a nice day, but you could use an alternate heat source.
06 700r with mods

socalrappy700

How are people getting a staple gun in the tight areas on the side?  And if I use a long staple won't it go through the other side?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

or like $25-30 to have it done by a upholsterer :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

Quote from: Krandall on December 28, 2008, 09:07:23 AM
or like $25-30 to have it done by a upholsterer :thumbs:

Thats what I'm thinking if it looks like a hard job.  I just want it done right and if I don't have the tools to do it right I'll take it to someone that does.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

EVL LS1

lol... they sell differnt size staples. i did mine and put my old black/siver cover on nick's too the same day. i shot the staples in then used needle nose pliers to push them the rest of the way. didn't take that long though actually. maybe an hour for both seats

preddy08

E, in those tight areas you talking about I streched the cover over that area and stapled to the flat area. Seriously, do it yourself. That way when it looks like chit, you have no one eles to balme than yourself...lol.

I did mine in a hurry with staples that were'nt wide enough and its still holding great.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

socalrappy700

Quote from: preddy08 on December 28, 2008, 11:20:32 AM
E, in those tight areas you talking about I streched the cover over that area and stapled to the flat area. Seriously, do it yourself. That way when it looks like chit, you have no one eles to balme than yourself...lol.

I did mine in a hurry with staples that were'nt wide enough and its still holding great.

I'll give it a try when I get back from cali.  And I'll go nuts and have it redone if I do it and it looks like shit. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Gunz

Quote from: preddy08 on December 28, 2008, 11:20:32 AM
E,  Seriously, do it yourself. That way when it looks like chit, you have no one eles to balme than yourself...lol.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar