First oil change ?

Started by MORAPTOR700, December 26, 2008, 03:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORAPTOR700

I have been reading some of the site here and seen where you guys talk about Amsoil. Well I was going to get some at the local O'Reilly's and they did have any but they have Castrol oil. I purchase 2 qts of it along with a couple wix filters. The Castrol oil is a 4 cyl. motorcyle oil. My question is would guys recommend it or NOT?
Thanks
2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange

Krandall

Is it the GPS Oil?

I'd just make sure it says it's okay for Wet Clutch Applications. Then you're good to go. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

MORAPTOR700

Does not say anything about GPS Oil nor does say anything about wet clutch app. They also had some Lucas Oil there that said it was for wet clutch app. but it was a synthetic oil. Would it be ok to make the first oil change of the motor to synthetic oil and it has only about 6-10 hrs on it and its 2 yrs old oil. Thanks

1badazz_700r

i did myfirst oil change to synthetic.except i use rotella T synthetic. you can get it at walmartits ina blue jug. I do like amsoil to though.my local parts stores only have what you want about half the time :mad: walmart has this oil all the time,so i stick with it.

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

monster757

Be careful with WIX filters. I know in cars i have seen numerous wix filters crumble and fall apart.

MORAPTOR700

Thanks fellows for the replys. I'm taking the Castrol back to the parts house and went and bought some Yamaha oil 10w40 oil from the dealer. I may go to Amsoil oil on the next oil change if I can find some. Thanks for the advice about the wix filter but I use them and haven't had any problems. Again Thanks