What do you think about SRT-s? (the car)

Started by RR34, May 19, 2008, 03:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

Quote from: Jester2893 on May 25, 2008, 08:33:18 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 25, 2008, 07:32:34 AM
Quote from: disco on May 25, 2008, 12:03:03 AM
The fact that it's still a Neon is what I like about it.  It's like beating somebody in a Beetle.  It has to sting a little to get beat by one.  I can't see myself getting one, but if I did I'd be tempted to make it look like a regular Neon.  Just to add insult to injury.

There is something wrong with any straight man wanting to drive a bug or neon. 

no there is really not. I could be saying the saying the same thing for huge trucks with huge tires and 10 inch lift with stacks. It doesn't appeal it me, and some people that I know. Its what we like, not maybe what you like.

No, you really can't be saying that about a truck.  But a neon....yes.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Jester2893

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 25, 2008, 08:42:31 AM
The fact that it's still a Neon is what I like about it.  It's like beating somebody in a Beetle.  It has to sting a little to get beat by one.  I can't see myself getting one, but if I did I'd be tempted to make it look like a regular Neon.  Just to add insult to injury.

no there is really not. I could be saying the saying the same thing for huge trucks with huge tires and 10 inch lift with stacks. It doesn't appeal it me, and some people that I know. Its what we like, not maybe what you like.

I think trucks are big, heavy and no fun to drive and harder to make sharp turns. Therefore in my opinion gay people only drive trucks, because they will never have the experience of driving a small turbo'd car thats fun to drive.

Good job starting this thread rr, its all opinion based.
=[

socalrappy700

Quote from: Jester2893 on May 25, 2008, 08:48:44 AM

I think trucks are big, heavy and no fun to drive and harder to make sharp turns. Therefore in my opinion gay people only drive trucks, because they will never have the experience of driving a small turbo'd car thats fun to drive.

Not liking is one thing.  But I was saying there is something wrong with any straight man wanting to drive a bug or neon.  If you see a guy driving a big truck people don't look at that as gay, but when you see a dude driving a neon....well, thats another thing.  I'm not a big fan of a big truck and I'm all about a fast car but you wont see me cruising in a turbo bug anytime soon.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Jester2893

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 25, 2008, 08:53:18 AM

Not liking is one thing.  But I was saying there is something wrong with any straight man wanting to drive a bug or neon.  If you see a guy driving a big truck people don't look at that as gay, but when you see a dude driving a neon....well, thats another thing.  I'm not a big fan of a big truck and I'm all about a fast car but you wont see me cruising in a turbo bug anytime soon.

I wouldn't drive in a bug ether.  ??? but a turbo neon (srt-4) YES.  :grin_nod: Just like I would drive around in the Jetta gli, the Impreza Wrx, and the Cobalt SS.
=[

socalrappy700

Quote from: Jester2893 on May 25, 2008, 08:58:05 AM

I wouldn't drive in a bug ether.  ??? but a turbo neon (srt-4) YES.  :grin_nod: Just like I would drive around in the Jetta gli, the Impreza Wrx, and the Cobalt SS.

Jetta is "ok", the wrx rocks, and I'm not really a fan on the Cobalt....but I just can't get over the srt being a neon.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Jester2893

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 25, 2008, 09:02:11 AM
Quote from: Jester2893 on May 25, 2008, 08:58:05 AM

Jetta is "ok", the wrx rocks, and I'm not really a fan on the Cobalt....but I just can't get over the srt being a neon.

The wrx is a few k more then the neon used with more miles plus the fact that the srt-4 is almost identical to the wrx as far as power goes. There arn't many tuners with turbos out there though.
=[

disco

One of the mechanics at work drives a Beetle.  We found out about it and gave him ten kinds of hell about it.  We asked him where he bought his rainbow sticker, etc.  His saving grace is he races a '69 Camaro.  We offered the excuse that he's driving his girlfriends car.

One of the drivers has a Neon.  He was complaining about cracking a tail light and trying to buy a new one, saying the dealer wanted total it out.   He gets good mileage though, that's what he's after.

mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Colorado700R

webb429

socalrappy700

Quote from: webb429 on May 25, 2008, 08:23:15 PM
socal// jettas are gay !!!!

SORRY

I have to stick to my German roots.

But if a chick is driving one she always seems to be hot.....did anyone else notice that?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

11Raptor

I think you are going a little far there kiddo by calling people who drive trucks gay. Don't go starting the name calling  :lol:  :bash: :slap:

Michael
-2K7 Raptor700 SE2
-Houser +3/4 Blue Steering Stem
-Pro Taper Black SE bars
-ProArmor Kill Switch w/wrist teather
-ProArmor Skid Plates
-ProArmor FAT Peg Black Nerf's
-ITP Holeshot XCR's on ITP SS112's machined w/black
-Yoshi RS-2 Full Titanium Exhaust
-Quadbox FI Power Box
-2K5 2500 Dodge Cummins 4x4 QC w/35's
-EDGE w/Att.

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 25, 2008, 11:27:57 PM

SORRY

But if a chick is driving one she always seems to be hot.....did anyone else notice that?

Diesel Jetta = 52mpg!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 26, 2008, 08:42:00 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 25, 2008, 11:27:57 PM

SORRY

Diesel Jetta = 52mpg!

~Brian

I hear that they are doing some crazy stuff with diesel.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Even though diesel is $4.59 per gallon here, at 52 mpg on roughly 15 gallons, that's 780 miles!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

DECEPTiON21

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 26, 2008, 09:44:21 AM
Even though diesel is $4.59 per gallon here, at 52 mpg on roughly 15 gallons, that's 780 miles!

~Brian

I'd drive a diesel Jetta or Golf. They are quick and with a little modding can become really fast.

I'll stick with my truck though, it's awesome. It has no badges on it so no one ever knows they are going to get their ass handed to them until they see the black smoke. I just got 21 mpg on the drive from Phx to Tucson. If i could have stayed under 2k RPM, i might have been higher.
05 660R with some stuff

06 2500 CTD on Rockstars