What do you think about SRT-s? (the car)

Started by RR34, May 19, 2008, 03:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisGuyAlex

fun to drive....not bad got some pep....fun to drive in urban areas like the wrx better though
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

11Raptor

Quote from: disco on May 24, 2008, 04:51:30 AM
If they don't change the ring/pinion then your speedo will read slow.  And it will be a turd.  I don't see how shift points will be affected.  What gears do you have now?  It would be like taking off in second gear all the time if you didn't regear.

The formula is   Tire Diameter (inches) x RPM  /  336 x Gear Ratio (transmission) x Gear Ratio (Ring & Pinion ratio)

For example,

30 inch tire x 3000 RPM ( = 90000)
336 x 1.00 (third gear my truck) x 3.54 (my axle ratio) ( = 1189.44)

90000 / 1189.44 = 75.67 mph

Throw on taller tires only:

35 x 2571 RPM = ~90000
336 x 1.00 x 3.54 = 1189.44
Still going about 75 but your speedo will read 65.  You are turning less RPMs so your speed will read low. 

In this case, 4.10 or 4.11 gears would be closest to what you want.

With a non-lockup automatic you are supposed to add 10% or something RPMs to allow for torque converter slippage but let's keep it simple.

I'm making this more difficult than it is but look at it and play with the numbers and you'll see it.

They won't be changing my gearing out.  It's a flash
-2K7 Raptor700 SE2
-Houser +3/4 Blue Steering Stem
-Pro Taper Black SE bars
-ProArmor Kill Switch w/wrist teather
-ProArmor Skid Plates
-ProArmor FAT Peg Black Nerf's
-ITP Holeshot XCR's on ITP SS112's machined w/black
-Yoshi RS-2 Full Titanium Exhaust
-Quadbox FI Power Box
-2K5 2500 Dodge Cummins 4x4 QC w/35's
-EDGE w/Att.

11Raptor

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 24, 2008, 09:30:07 AM
Yep......I'd think twice about lifting anything with the way stupid gas prices are.

~Brian

I'm not lifting just bigger tires

Michael
-2K7 Raptor700 SE2
-Pro Taper Black SE bars
-ProArmor Skid Plates
-Quadbox FI Power Box
-EDGE w/Att.

disco

If you don't tow heavy stuff and you drive it easy, you may actually improve your fuel economy.  I just read your sig.  My last fill up was $108.  Time for me to buy a small gay car now.  Well, maybe not gay but emo.
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

11Raptor

Quote from: disco on May 24, 2008, 12:17:54 PM
If you don't tow heavy stuff and you drive it easy, you may actually improve your fuel economy.  I just read your sig.  My last fill up was $108.  Time for me to buy a small gay car now.  Well, maybe not gay but emo.

My fill ups cost me around 130 now  :clap: :'(  O well got to pay to play

Michael
-2K7 Raptor700 SE2
-Pro Taper Black SE bars
-ProArmor Skid Plates
-Quadbox FI Power Box
-EDGE w/Att.

LittleBuddha

Quote from: disco on May 24, 2008, 12:17:54 PM

Unloaded on the freeway under 2k RPM i can get in the mid 20's mpg in my 05 Duramax.  Towing my 30' toy hauler, 10ish.  I'm running a Banks six gun /power pda and mbrp 4" cat back stock everything else.  I'm not laughing at geo metros anymore.  Well, i'm still laughing, just not as hard.   :confused:

who else but rk

do the cummins get better MPG then the 8 cylinderrs?
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

LittleBuddha

Quote from: who else but rk on May 24, 2008, 02:28:09 PM
do the cummins get better MPG then the 8 cylinderrs?

I've heard a lot of complaints about the new 6.7 over the 5.9.  One of the complaints was horrible gas mileage.  I think the new emissions standards has something to do with it, though.  The 5.9 is bullet proof.  If you're pulling diesel is the only way to go.  Gassers can pull, but not very far. 

Flynbyu

I filled le Corvette up last night, 91 octane, $63.37 for 15.37 gallons.

The Cummins isn't really efficient on diesel, but for the size of the vehicle it's pretty good.

16-18mpg on 2wd rides is pretty good.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

I can remember when gas was less than a dollar a gallon.   :grin_nod:

Jester2893

How are your guys feelings on the cobalt ss?  :lol:
=[

who else but rk

even worse then the srt4
at least the srt 4 has some balls ( very small ones tho)

well im just lookin for a diesel with decent mielage and thats bullet proof. the cummins are cheap price wise and thats why i was looking at them. plus i hate the sound of 8 cylinder diesels.
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

John

uber is actually an adjective and cant be used as a noun/by itself to describe something. it could be "uber" sweet, but not just "uber"     :lol:

but yeah, neon srt4, fwd is seriously no fun, you need to get yourself a rwd car if you want to go fast and have fun. also if your gunna start making some power your not gunna have traction on the street if you want to race someone and thats really frustrating. get yourself an LS1 powered 98-02 f-body and run 12's with bolt ons for like 12k or whatever

Jester2893

Problem with RWD cars is all the nice ones or the ones I like are expensive.

=[

John

well i guess you like it so thats all that matters, without "tuners" the people with real cars wouldnt have anyone to laugh at :lol: jk