trip to little sahara OK. the date moved back to october.

Started by Warren, December 11, 2008, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

ok sense it's the new year, and i like to plan ahead. what should we set the date for on this trip. what days will there be tons of people there? because i would like to avoid those days.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

dgreenbluet

Count me in for this ride, it'll be my first group ride/first time in the sand too!
08 Rapester/734cc 105.5mm Bore/11:1 JE Piston/Big Bore Barkers/FCI wBox/Dynateck Prog. Ign./PCIII/15T Sprocket/Trail Tech Vapor wDash Mount/Moose Nerf, Heel Guards, Race Pegs/Full Skids/Bling Star Victory Bumper/Six Pack Rack

NaturalRaptor

How about May or June 2009 instead of April?    ???    Give it a chance to warm up some.
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Flynbyu

Do not go during Rattlesnake roundup.  It's PACKED out there when that's going on.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: NaturalRaptor on January 07, 2009, 06:38:54 AM
How about May or June 2009 instead of April?    ???    Give it a chance to warm up some.

Were talking October. ;)  +1 to what Brian said.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

Meow  :lol:

Flynbyu

May or June is brutal on the sand. 105+ out on the sand. Too hot.

Fall or Spring isn't bad there. Rattlesnake roundup is in the last week of April, and it's hot then!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Warren

that's around the same time as the first silver lake raptor rally. i figure more people would be able to come to this trip if they could save up some more money for it.

done they ushally have one more ride other then the rattlesnake round up?
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Peelz

Quote from: warren on January 08, 2009, 04:49:36 AM

that's around the same time as the first silver lake raptor rally. i figure more people would be able to come to this trip if they could save up some more money for it.

done they ushally have one more ride other then the rattlesnake round up?

yep, sandfest...and sandjam, too.  Rattlesnake is the busiest though.

www.waynoka.com
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Gunz

Look here ladies, I'll go Saturday and scope it out for you.  :grin_nod:

Seriously though, I'll go Saturday and check it out for you Nancys.  :grin_nod:

.....and get some video.

The busiest time at little Sahara is between March-November. End of July-Beginning of August is swelter hot 100+ degrees w/80+ humidity. I know some of you say don't go on Snake Run or Sandfest, but they are fun as hell. They should be gone to at least once in a lifetime. During those events, we usually go out on Wednesday and ride like madman till Friday. Most people show up on Friday. Then we kinda hang low and watch all the stuff go on, then ride ballz out on Sunday while everyone is packing up.

For all you city folk, the motels have been booked up 1-2 months in advance for about the last year or so.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Gaber

Quote from: Flynbyu on January 07, 2009, 07:48:35 AM
Do not go during Rattlesnake roundup.  It's PACKED out there when that's going on.

~Brian

Eh, last year wasn't bad at all during snake hunt. 

Warren

ok i tried looking at the calendar on the waynoka website. i couldn't bring it up though. does anyone know the dates that there is nothing going on out there. i don't like crouds and having to fight for parking and all that bullcrap.
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Peelz

Quote from: warren on January 11, 2009, 07:28:02 AM
ok i tried looking at the calendar on the waynoka website. i couldn't bring it up though. does anyone know the dates that there is nothing going on out there. i don't like crouds and having to fight for parking and all that bullcrap.

Get there on a thursday, and it's cool.

Warren

i planned on either getting there on a thursday or a wensday.

so what date should we settle on for this trip in october?
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Peelz

Quote from: warren on January 11, 2009, 08:39:19 AM
i planned on either getting there on a thursday or a wensday.

so what date should we settle on for this trip in october?

Lets start looking early october weekends. Not too late, less chance for freak winter weather. It was crowded by Friday afternoon, but not overcrowded.

October 7,8,9,10 for a start, but don't post it yet. And shut up 4gunz we know you will be there :lol: