The "What I'm listening to right now" Thread

Started by Krandall, May 19, 2008, 12:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

Sirius is playing some good shit right now.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

I've been meaning to pick one up soon.  I want to have something else here at work.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

RR34

f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Flynbyu

I listen to Sirius online. The Tahoe has a lifetime receiver and the Vette has a yearly subscription in it ($5 per month for an additional receiver on a lifetime membership). I don't have to pay to listen online (unelss you want CD quality sound).

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 30, 2008, 09:52:48 AM
I listen to Sirius online. The Tahoe has a lifetime receiver and the Vette has a yearly subscription in it ($5 per month for an additional receiver on a lifetime membership). I don't have to pay to listen online (unelss you want CD quality sound).

~Brian

Which company has the MLB?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Lifetime was $399 and you can transfer it to three different receivers over the lifetime.

GO ANNUALLY AND SAVE
With our annual subscription, pay for 11 months and get one month free. With our two-year subscription you pay for only 21 months and get 3 months free.  1 year is $142.45, 2 years $271.95.

GO MONTH TO MONTH
The freedom to pay as you go – choose this plan for just $12.95/ month.  

I did the lieftime because it just made sense.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

RR34

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 30, 2008, 09:55:53 AM
Lifetime was $399 and you can transfer it to three different receivers over the lifetime.

GO ANNUALLY AND SAVE
With our annual subscription, pay for 11 months and get one month free. With our two-year subscription you pay for only 21 months and get 3 months free.  1 year is $142.45, 2 years $271.95.

GO MONTH TO MONTH

~Brian

damn guess so unless you only play on having it for 2 years.

what do you have, car and portables?
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 30, 2008, 09:53:47 AM

~Brian

Sirius doesn't, but they are still waiting for the FCC/Federal Trade Comission to okay the merger with XM. There was supposed to be an annoucement made by the end of the first quarter.........They are obviously late.

Sirius has NFL, NBA, ESPN, Soccer, NCAA basketball, Tennis, CFL (Damn Canadians). Formula 1 racing, Lacrosse (What's that?).

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: RR34 on May 30, 2008, 09:58:29 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on May 30, 2008, 09:55:53 AM

GO ANNUALLY AND SAVE
With our annual subscription, pay for 11 months and get one month free. With our two-year subscription you pay for only 21 months and get 3 months free.  1 year is $142.45, 2 years $271.95.

GO MONTH TO MONTH

~Brian

damn guess so unless you only play on having it for 2 years.

what do you have, car and portables?

I have a Kenwood deck in the Tahoe that has Sirius, and the Corvette has had the XM receiver swapped for a Sirius receiver until the Alpine goes in the Corvette.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 30, 2008, 09:59:53 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 30, 2008, 09:53:47 AM

~Brian

Sirius doesn't, but they are still waiting for the FCC/Federal Trade Comission to okay the merger with XM. There was supposed to be an annoucement made by the end of the first quarter.........They are obviously late.

Sirius has NFL, NBA, ESPN, Soccer, NCAA basketball, Tennis, CFL (Damn Canadians). Formula 1 racing, Lacrosse (What's that?).

~Brian

I'll wait for the merger.  I want MLB, F1 and IRL if I get something, I want it all.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

The merger has been going on for over a year now....A year and 5 months to be exact.

XM sucks, they don't have near the variety.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 30, 2008, 10:22:12 AM
The merger has been going on for over a year now....A year and 5 months to be exact.

~Brian

Yeah, when I first heard about it last year I thought there was no way the FCC would let that fly.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 30, 2008, 10:26:07 AM

~Brian

Yeah, when I first heard about it last year I thought there was no way the FCC would let that fly.

I don't know why, they aren't regulated by the FCC.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 30, 2008, 10:26:50 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 30, 2008, 10:26:07 AM

~Brian

I don't know why, they aren't regulated by the FCC.

~Brian

Would it be the FTC then? 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Merger status:

A Senate antitrust task force is also looking into the proposed merger. <-----Fucking great.

February 19, 2007, the merger was officially announced to shareholders of the company.[5] This came after many months of speculation by industry watchers. On February 20, an open conference call was organized between executives of both companies.

March 20, 2007, the two companies filed a "Consolidated Application for Authority to Transfer Control" at the FCC.

June 8, 2007, the FCC's Mass Media Bureau gave "Public Notice" that it had accepted the application for filing and started its informal six month merger review clock.[8] The notice also set a pleading cycle requiring comments or petitions be filed by July 9, 2007, and responses or oppositions be filed by July 24, 2007. Since FCC review of major transactions takes approximately six months, a ruling should be issued in early 2008.

October 4, 2007, Sirius and XM satellite radio announced that both companies will conduct a shareholder vote. Sirius scheduled its meeting for Tuesday November 13, 2007, for shareholders to vote on the proposed merger. XM scheduled a similar shareholder vote in Washington D.C. on the same date.

November 13, 2007, Shareholders of Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. approved the company's $5 billion acquisition of rival XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. 96% of Sirius Satellite Radio shareholder's votes cast approved the acquisition.

January 15, 2008, it was reported that the FCC expects to come to a decision in Q1 2008.

March 19, 2008 Senator Arlen Specter announced on The Howard Stern Show that the FCC expects to make a decision on the merger at the end of this month.

March 24, 2008, the United States Department of Justice announced it closed its investigation of the merger of the two companies, citing no harm to consumers or competition.

May 23, 2008, FCC Chairman Kevin Martin said at a press conference that "the Commission could act by the end of the second quarter", which ends June 30, 2008. Earlier that week senators called upon the FCC to enact strict requirements on the merger such as returning some of the radio spectrum to competitors and open it's service to all manufacturers of satellite radio players.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum