Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XVIII

Started by Colorado700R, December 01, 2008, 10:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

We have two trees, and put a different one up each year. Can't do the real thing due to Brandy's allergies.

We have an 8 footer, and we also have a 12 footer.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

I prefer fake, but lydia really wanted real. So real it was. Bummer w/ brandy having allergies to that. Love the smell of the pine inside.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

For me it has to be real.  But we'll see how it goes since Owen has allergies.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

I do too.

We have thousands of pines around us in the Ouachita National Forrest. There's nothing like riding down there. Fresh, clean, pine smell while you're riding, especially this time of year. Summers are a no-no due to the Timber Rattlesnakes.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

We're so lucky up here.

I mean granted we have mosquitos and winter.. But.. Timber Rattlesnakes only get as far as the southern edge of Minnesota. We have one other Poisonous snake, but it's so rare...

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

That is one thing we don't have here and I couldn't be more happy.  I hate snakes.  Out west they had the Mojave greens that would literally chase you, and if you get hit its game over.  Never saw one and I hope I never do.  But mosquitoes bug the hell out of me...same goes for winter.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

oh, suck it up. It's not even bad yet.  :rolleyes: 

:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

socalrappy700

bad enough for me.  But the nasty cold I have isn't helping. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Snakes we have here...

All of these are poisonous!

The Copperhead:

Hard to see in the fall!!!

The Cottonmouth:

The snake can be identified with it's "cottonmouth". Very agressive snake!

The Western Diamond Back:

Also hard to spot this time of year

The Timber Rattlesnake:
The largest venomous snake in Arkansas.....Up to six feet in length!

This is why I stay out of the woods here!

The Western Pigmy Rattlesnake:

Some are very small, but just as deadly

In extreme southern Arkansas:

The Texas Coral Snake

Rule of thumb: Red and Yellow will kill a fellow, red and black is a friend of Jack.
This snake resembles the California king snake, and the native Arkansas Milk snake, but the red bands followed by a yellow band are the identifiying marks.

These are just the ones you've really got to watch for. There are other non-poisonous snakes too, but too many to list. 35 others to be exact.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Oh hell no!  I would be screaming like a girl.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

I forgot, we have cottom mouths too. Never seen one. but they are also on the southern end of minnesota as well as in Wisc.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Flynbyu

The Cottonmouth is also known here as the Water Moccasin. They are very agressive, and will come at you rather than retreating.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

BLU700R

I mow the lawn for an elderly fellow and probably chop over 20 snakes up as im cutting grass! They are like a aqua color and i dont know what they are but they look funny as hell when they are all chopped up! :grin_nod:
+2 TB+GYTR full exhaust+12.1 JE+PCIII+15T+HotCams2+GYTR Intake+Iridium Plug=Crazy Badassness

Man do I miss my wheeler :(

Krandall

haha, We get garder snakes up here. they are not very big and no teeth on em. maybe as big as your pinky diameter wise. get from 1' to about 2' long. quick little things. But when we mowed the cemetary it was a regular occurance for one of em' to go through the blades :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Flynbyu

I just got this in an email from Compass Bank:

You should be getting an announcement from us later today.  I wanted to let you know ahead of time about this.  With the announcement of what GM is offering as a business plan to receive part of the bailout loans, our upper management has reached a decision based on these reports.  GM has said they would eliminate the Saab, Saturn and Pontiac lines.  Based on this announcement, effective immediately, we will no longer offer financing on new or used Saab, Saturn or Pontiac vehicles.  I apologize for the inconvenience this causes, but as you know, the times are tough and ever changing right now.  All of us have to do what we feel we need to do to stay a viable and profitable business.  I know you are doing business differently now, as well as we on the lender side are having to.  Our goal is to be able to be around throughout all this turmoil and offer you the best interest rates we can.   Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but hopefully we will all get through this together.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum