Murdered my A-arm.... And other stuff

Started by Livingmylife93, November 27, 2008, 11:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

Went riding yesterday, beat it up pretty good  :'(

Make sure you watch the video, its the only thing that shows everything!!!!!!!!!

Are both a-arms (left and right) the same? cause the part number is the same, so i can order one and it will fit right?

Dont know if i should even ride it like this...

Ruined Rim
Ruined A-Arm
Torn up Nerf Bars

Video:
View My Video    <----- Click

The back part of the damaged a-arm

U can kinda see both parts (look towards bottom of pic)

The nerf bar is like this on both sides, not really a big deal.

Livingmylife93

Do you guys think i can go to the track on saturday with the a-arm like this?

Buck

Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time

Peelz

I think they are different :(

looks like you had fun. :lol:  I crashed today too :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Diggs59

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on November 27, 2008, 11:55:18 AM
Do you guys think i can go to the track on saturday with the a-arm like this?

Track? NO....but if you're just gonna cruise it shouldn't be an issue.

Warren

vid link didn't work for me?  :(

those pics look like it wasn't a very good time though.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Livingmylife93

Can you guys think of a temporary fix, so i can go to the track on saturday?

Peelz

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on November 27, 2008, 09:08:32 PM
Can you guys think of a temporary fix, so i can go to the track on saturday?

what is actually wrong, other than dented or smashed? Is the travel screwed up? If everything works, it's on. I rode on a bent a-arm for a month once.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Livingmylife93

Its just a really bad dent.

Go to my other thread about what i have recently done and look at the bumper pic, you can see the dent better there and then judge it

Peelz

I'll look. You should be cool, as long as your steering isn't FUBAR, and the suspension goes all the way down  without resistance. Sit on the bumper and check it out.

Livingmylife93

Quote from: Peels660 on November 27, 2008, 09:19:38 PM
I'll look. You should be cool, as long as your steering isn't FUBAR, and the suspension goes all the way down  without resistance. Sit on the bumper and check it out.

I just got done jumping up and down on the bumper and the shocks go all the way down with out a problem. I think i might feel the slightest bit of rubbing coming from the damaged side but that may have been there before or might not be related. Steering is fine, a little out of alignment from what happened to the rim but no big deal. And i have a new rim so im good.

So do you think i can go to the track and not have to worry about it? I mean do you think it will handle 10 foot high landings?

Peelz

if nothing is wobbling, or making a bunch of crunching noise, you should be fine. :thumbs:

Livingmylife93

ok cool. Ill look into it more when i have the chance

Livingmylife93

Well im going to the track tommorow with the a-arm like it is, so wish me luck  8)

Peelz

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on November 28, 2008, 10:59:58 AM
Well im going to the track tommorow with the a-arm like it is, so wish me luck  8)

FYI...if it breaks, I am deleting my posts. :lol: :grin_nod: