Outerwearz Lid??

Started by Blair, November 23, 2008, 05:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

so with the riding that i do i am not a fan of taking off my lid or getting an open intake system, however i wouldnt mind freeing up the airflow a bit, i saw somewhere an aluminum framed outerwearz lid for the stock airbox but i can not remember where,

what do you guys think of running somehting like that?  any of hte site sponsors carry what i am talking about?
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Livingmylife93

TechQuadShop

Check out our site on in the intake section.  We have a few different selections.  Lots of bad feedback on the outerware airbox cover but lots of great feedback on the EHS lid.
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

socalrappy700

+1 on the EHS.   They are a great company and a sponsor of this forum. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Warren

what type of riding do you do?

i like to ride trails, mud, dirt, sand, and anything else i can make it across and i don't run my lid. my raptor has been fine. and you can't hardly tell that i don't run a lid. the inside of the air box isn't as dirty as you would think.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

EVL LS1

jake_rpm

you can make one just like ehs one just buy the Outerwears Pre-Filter Sheets from dennis kirk and save your self some money

Blair

Thanks Steve, i looked at the EHS on your site and thought about it when i ordered my levers,

the protec one that livingmylife posted is the one i saw.  does any one have any experience with that one??
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

fireman5166

EHS lid is great. I won mine here in the monthly give away.  :thumbs:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

Krandall

Quote from: warren on November 23, 2008, 07:05:11 PM

i like to ride trails, mud, dirt, sand, and anything else i can make it across and i don't run my lid. my raptor has been fine. and you can't hardly tell that i don't run a lid. the inside of the air box isn't as dirty as you would think.

And I would go the exact opposite of your statement. We went riding on a state trail a couple weeks ago. I had my lid off and forgot. Trails were soupy, muddy, flooded. Just all around wet. I hit a huge puddle (about 1.5' deep) and I started getting a bog in my motor... ??? took the seat off realized I forgot the lid... the whole air box had standing water in it.. I know the EHS and others aren't water proof. but I'd suggest it over nothing.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

EHSRACING

They arent waterproof but they are close you let water sit on top and it will stay there. I really need to shoot a video. As long as you dont submerge them your pretty safe.

Thanks guys also

FoundArealQuad

I bought one of there lids almost 2 years ago and I will never use anything again. He didn't have the color I wanted in stock so he called me and said he would discount the one he did have and mail it out that day. The fit and finish was A+. They are a huge improvement over no lid at all and they hold up great. I have ran in mud dust and sand and with the EHS lid on it was like running it with a closed box.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Warren

Quote from: Krandall on November 24, 2008, 07:45:29 AM
Quote from: warren on November 23, 2008, 07:05:11 PM

And I would go the exact opposite of your statement. We went riding on a state trail a couple weeks ago. I had my lid off and forgot. Trails were soupy, muddy, flooded. Just all around wet. I hit a huge puddle (about 1.5' deep) and I started getting a bog in my motor... ??? took the seat off realized I forgot the lid... the whole air box had standing water in it.. I know the EHS and others aren't water proof. but I'd suggest it over nothing.

i took the plug off the bottom of my airbox so any water i get in there will drain right out.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Blair

for you guys running the EHS lids are you using the "no lid" maps for your PCIII?

fireman5166

Quote from: Blair on November 24, 2008, 11:08:13 PM
for you guys running the EHS lids are you using the "no lid" maps for your PCIII?

I am running a no lid map.
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs