I grew up around gay people and I'm totally normal.    :thumbs:

:rofl: :rofl:

I'd say that's debatable  :rofl: :rofl:

:lol: J/K

That one was for you.   :thumbs:

RaptorRandy

Quote from: Krandall on November 06, 2008, 11:53:57 AM
Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 06, 2008, 11:45:24 AM
Why are you against them having a legally binding marriage?  If we're seperating legally from religiosly (yeah I made that up) then it should be ok, right?  We're talking about legal rights to property and estate and shit like that. 

I respect your opinion though.  I'm just asking questions.   :thumbs:

It's really all religiously for the reason that I'm completely against. How I was raised was that a Wedding is a holy sacrement though. That  marriage is ordained by GERD for the lifelong union of a man and a woman.

I see your point for a "legal" bound marriage. But that's just not in my deffenition of marriage.

Amen ! I feel the same way  :)

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Peelz

Randy I don't think of it as normal. And it should not be flaunted in public. It makes a spectacle out of nothing. i am not ready to say I support gay marriage, but I cannot say that I am against it. Again, I am against it being constantly glorified on television and news. You wanna be gay, be gay, don't do it on my time. :lol:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

LittleBuddha

I think you'll find that the media's portrayal of homosexuality is slanted towards getting a reaction outta people.  I'm personally disgusted when I see anybody (except two smokin' hot women) showing affection in public.  Get a room.  Like I stated earlier, it's not all French Quarter and Castro district ass slappin'.  I know a ton of gay people that are Ozzie and Harriett types.  Except, they're Ozzie and Ozzie or Harriett and Harriett.  The ones I know are pretty normal.  I wouldn't be friends with the ass slappers if they were straight.  

DECEPTiON21

Against it, voted yes on prop 102, i believe - "to keep marriage between one man and one woman"

Question to supporters of gay marriage - should polygamists (strictly meaning "someone who takes more than one wife") be allowed to have multiple brides?

My answer is no in both cases, marriage is between  a man and woman. Don't forget that marriages are meant to procreate. Fags can't do that.
05 660R with some stuff

06 2500 CTD on Rockstars

LittleBuddha

Quote from: DECEPTiON21 on November 06, 2008, 01:04:49 PM
Against it, voted yes on prop 102, i believe - "to keep marriage between one man and one woman"

Question to supporters of gay marriage - should polygamists (strictly meaning "someone who takes more than one wife") be allowed to have multiple brides?

My answer is no in both cases, marriage is between  a man and woman. Don't forget that marriages are meant to procreate. FA O0  Gs can't do that.

Sorry.  I think ALL religions are equally worthless.  No offense.  It's a question of basic HUMAN rights, not religion. 

A side question, if I may ask.  Did you vote strictly Conservative?  I'm curious because I see the gay marriage issue  as a way to actually get the party out to vote.   ???

DECEPTiON21

Yes, I did, as long as i knew who they were. Mickey Mouse and Spongebob got a few write-in votes.

Religion aside, should men be able to take more than one bride? Or women to take more than one husband, for that matter?
05 660R with some stuff

06 2500 CTD on Rockstars

Peelz

Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 06, 2008, 12:59:48 PM
I think you'll find that the media's portrayal of homosexuality is slanted towards getting a reaction outta people.  I'm personally disgusted when I see anybody (except two smokin' hot women) showing affection in public.  Get a room.  Like I stated earlier, it's not all French Quarter and Castro district ass slappin'.  I know a ton of gay people that are Ozzie and Harriett types.  Except, they're Ozzie and Ozzie or Harriett and Harriett.  The ones I know are pretty normal.  I wouldn't be friends with the ass slappers if they were straight.  

damned a$$-slappers :lol:  Religion does not equal law in my book. I think that is where we are all going to have to agree to disagree. The separation of church and state is a myth, and I have'nt seen it yet. I dislike the idea of polygamy, nothing to do with religion.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

LittleBuddha

Quote from: DECEPTiON21 on November 06, 2008, 01:14:26 PM
Yes, I did, as long as i knew who they were. Mickey Mouse and Spongebob got a few write-in votes.

Religion aside, should men be able to take more than one bride? Or women to take more than one husband, for that matter?

No, I don't.  And it has more to do with division of property and estate and taxes than religion. 

Peelz

Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 06, 2008, 01:19:47 PM

No, I don't.  And it has more to do with division of property and estate and taxes than religion. 

for me, that issue has to do with a woman's decency and worth.

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Peels660 on November 06, 2008, 01:21:31 PM

Good point.  I'm a misogynist so I didn't think of that point.  Good call.   :thumbs:

Peelz

Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 06, 2008, 01:23:38 PM

Good point.  I'm a misogynist so I didn't think of that point.  Good call.   :thumbs:

It is hard for me to picture a woman willingly seeking out that lifestyle. I know most of them are raised that way, and have never seen real freedom, so they don't know any better. But, I can't help thinking we need to help them.

Misogynist and an atheist? You sir...are f**ked if indeed there is an afterlife. :lol:

socalrappy700

Quote from: Peels660 on November 06, 2008, 01:26:47 PM

It is hard for me to picture a woman willingly seeking out that lifestyle. I know most of them are raised that way, and have never seen real freedom, so they don't know any better. But, I can't help thinking we need to help them.

Misogynist and an atheist? You sir...are f**ked if indeed there is an afterlife. :lol:

I'll help them.   :grin_nod:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

I am the total package baby.   ;)

Peelz

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 06, 2008, 01:29:50 PM

I'll help them.   :grin_nod:

what, by driving the boat across the river styx? Just kiddin' :grin_nod: