Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: front suspension steering knuckle  (Read 874 times)

Offline jetta352

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
front suspension steering knuckle
« on: October 29, 2008, 08:44:08 PM »
How do you tighten down the bolt connected to the a-arm that goes through the steering knuckle. When I try to do this the bolt just spins and there is nothing to hold onto on the other side. I have Alba extended arms and the bolt also doesn't have a hole through it for a codder pin.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 06:24:15 PM by jetta352 »

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: front suspension steering knuckle
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 09:39:21 PM »
How do you tighten down the bolt connected to the a-arm that goes through the steering knuckle. When I try to do this the bolt just spins and there is nothing to hold onto on the other side.

Mine did that too. I bought a new a-arm. :( The taper of the ball joint was worn out and did not fit right into the spindle.

Is the castle nut seating against the spindle? It does not have to be tight, but you do not want the a-arm wobbling against the spindle. If the nut is tight enough that you can get the cotter key in, and a-arm does not wobble, you should be OK.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Caliraptor

• Street Cred: 1
  • My Personal UPS Chick
    • Email
Re: front suspension steering knuckle
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 07:20:17 PM »
add washers between the nut and the spindle, and tap the balljoint downwards if its the top a-arms to apply some pressure and then try to tighten it
Skipping class and tapping ass