Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume X.IV

Started by Krandall, October 16, 2008, 09:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptorRandy

Morning all, haven't been posting much lately but I have been browsing the forums and trying to keep my spirits up. I don't want to burden anyone with my problems and I'm not looking for any sympathy. If I have seemed unfriendly and less than helpful to anyone lately here, and on the other places we browse and post I offer my apologies. Not making any excuses I have just been going through a rough few days and have not been able to really talk about it much. Having said that, on Sat 10/18 at about 3:40 PM my Number One Bro, as well as my boss who owns the company I work for and who's 20 acres I live on and maintain was killed on his Harley Davidson about 2 miles from home.

This has devastated both his family and mine as well as the Boat Building Industry, local marine community,local racing community, and  the many many life's Jim has touched.
"Gentlemen" Jim Cress was the most generous, kind, warm hearted man I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He lived life to the fullest and didn't do anything half assed. He loved the thrill of speed and racing winged Sprint Cars, he loved the boating industry, and treated his employee's like family.
  The only way I have found to ease the pain is to know that he died doing what he loved......hard on the gas, haulin the mail on his screamin eagle, and that he has gone to be with the Lord.

Rest in peace my Brother, I'm gonna mis you a ton .

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

socalrappy700

No words can be said to help but I am so sorry for your loss.  I will keep you and his family in my prayers.  If you need to blow off steam just give me a buzz 847-431-4358. 

Is there anything his family needs?  And was he the only family member that owned the company you work for.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Sorry for your loss man. It's never easy knowing a good friend has passed on. But know he's in a much better place.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Bert

Quote from: RaptorRandy on October 22, 2008, 08:17:34 AM
  The only way I have found to ease the pain is to know that he died doing what he loved......hard on the gas, haulin the mail on his screamin eagle, and that he has gone to be with the Lord.

Rest in peace my Brother, I'm gonna mis you a ton .
Jim's in a better place for sure & he's got great friends & family to celebrate his memory

Flynbyu

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I had a friend of mine a few years ago that passed the same way, doing what he loved, riding bikes. Your friend sounded like an awesome man. It must have been a true blessing to have him as your employer and for him to treat you and others like family. That's just not a quality you find in people today. Reflect on the good times you've had together and celebrate his life. He's in a much better place than we are all in today.

If there is anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask us.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

I read about it on NMR yesterday Randy  :(  I'm sincerely sorry for your friend's, and your own families pain.  If you ever need to talk about it, or just shoot the breeze to get your mind off it, we're here for you  :thumbs:

Aaron

Peelz

Very sorry to hear about the loss, Raptor Randy. Thoughts and prayers are with his family and yours. Members here for you as well.....

This helps though:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

BRAD

2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

RaptorRandy

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 22, 2008, 08:22:54 AM
No words can be said to help but I am so sorry for your loss.  I will keep you and his family in my prayers.  If you need to blow off steam just give me a buzz 847-431-4358. 

Is there anything his family needs?  And was he the only family member that owned the company you work for.

Thanks Erich, he has a Family run Business that is our number one Nordic Tug dealer that his son has been running for the past couple years. Jim was NT's President/CEO but has an outstanding partner that is there for all of us. Jim had so many friends that every thing is being handled and Jim left his wife is well provided for, so in that aspect all is as well as we can hope for.

Thanks all , I appreciate your support  :thumbs:

Randy

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 22, 2008, 12:06:11 PM
New York Times Leading Story.

~Brian

Yup, its another emotional day on the street.   :confused:  Sucks.

But give it time, once we get past these elections the media will back off the doom and gloom and things will calm down.  Next year should be a good year for picking up some stocks......now if I didn't have another child on the way to suck up my extra cash.   :(
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

I've changed my 401k benefits to dump more in now.. With Stock prices down(granted initially I'm losing money) in the long run.. (I've got about 35+ more years before retirement. I'll be sittin on a gold mine (fingers crossed) 8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

I just saw on myspace a new picture.....looks like the pool still isn't safe for little girls.

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Blocked by the Nazis that are making me work all week.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Here you go bro.

[attachment deleted by admin]
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum