Little Sahara 08 pics and ride report

Started by Peelz, October 13, 2008, 09:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peelz

had a blast.  Smoked a carrier bearing and rear sprocket, but still had a great time! I'll start with my favorite pic...more coming....

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Peelz

entrance to the park. Flag has to hit that crossbar as you enter...and be completely orange.

Pic of south camp area on wednesday. By friday afternoon...full. The place was packed!

shot of north area of "big dunes." (where my sprocket cracked in half) :lol:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

Peelz

Now, some bad news. Day two, we were out riding and I checked my chain as a normal precaution...noticed this: missing bolts. I though that was a little weird, so I putted back to camp and replaced with some new bolts. Rode some more....gone again...sheared right off. I had smoked the carrier bearing. YIKES! :help: So we replaced the carrier bearing and the sheared bolts, left one in there that was sheared. Rode all night thursday and mosy of morning when "crunch"  no forward movement.  :(  Sprocket cracked and sheared the rest of the bolts. Found a Jeep to pull me back to camp (embarrassing). Took rappy to town to have bolts drilled out. Got a new sprocket and chain. Long two days!!!!!!!!

bolts gone from axle twisting when I would give it power and bearing shot, I assume.

Notice anything missing?

what a bearing should look like when you remove the carrier.

what the other side looked like  :(

good one on the left, bad on the right. WOW!

NCHKustoms

Sounds like a rough 2 days to me! Looks like a sweet place to ride, got any more pics?
2004 Honda 440ex.

Future Raptor Owner.

Peelz

Quote from: RaptorRyan on October 13, 2008, 09:41:09 AM
Sounds like a rough 2 days to me! Looks like a sweet place to ride, got any more pics?

uploading now...yes it is definitely a cool place to ride!

Flynbyu

Welcome back.

Sorry to hear about your mechanical issues.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

love the 1st pic Peels. Bummer W/ the carrier bearing, at least you were able to get it fixed. 8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Here is for one you Krandall!!!!!    :rofl:  we learned to use the camera after this one!

Ok...For Real now

Raptor is there somewhere  :grin_nod:

Peelz

Peelz

Yours Truly peels660 showing his age just after driving 12 hrs and sleeping only 2hrs.   :lol:

Peelz

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on October 13, 2008, 11:57:54 AM
That roost pic is freaking awesome!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

is it as cool as the "still gettin' tail" roost pic?  :lol:

BRAD

looks like you had some fun peels.  and sucks to hear about the trouble you had man
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires