Poll: Seriously, who are you voting for???

Started by Gunz, October 09, 2008, 10:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exentix

well think about it for a second peels, im screwed  :lol: i cant vote, i just get to listen to all the crap about the election that I personally have NO say in, and with the economy going downhill like it is, and now the candidates saying about tax changes and everything else they want to change, it could very well change my future depending on who wins this election.  :help: its kinda scary actually

Flynbyu

Quote from: exentix on October 18, 2008, 08:14:25 AM
well think about it for a second peels, im screwed  :lol: i cant vote, i just get to listen to all the crap about the election that I personally have NO say in, and with the economy going downhill like it is, and now the candidates saying about tax changes and everything else they want to change, it could very well change my future depending on who wins this election.  :help: its kinda scary actually

You're right.

You're prime example of why things need to change. You're the future of America, and if it doesn't change now, it's going to put twice the economic hardship on you and others your age in the future.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

exentix

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 18, 2008, 08:37:46 AM
Quote from: exentix on October 18, 2008, 08:14:25 AM

You're right.

You're prime example of why things need to change. You're the future of America, and if it doesn't change now, it's going to put twice the economic hardship on you and others your age in the future.

~Brian
yea and it really concerns me  :(

that pic is awesome tho  :rofl:

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Gunz

That bail out was a crock of $hit... I still cant believe it happened. So what if the big guy falls, so what if you cant afford something you couldnt afford in the first place. They should have let AIG fall, theres a 100+ companies below them that are waiting for that exact opportunity to rise up to the challange which would in return be excellent for our economy and the little guy(us). Rates would fall, but fall in a positice way, not for a negative reason. This is the land of opportunity and the government went right in and bailed out a huge mongrel with OUR money and for what so they could immediately go on a half a million dollar retreat  to reward their company employees... :wtf: Cry'n out loud they are a private business, NOT a government agency to boot. Another thing that makes it worse is the bail out happened so damn quickly, why wasnt there at least an outline of how AIG was going to spend this 700million dollars, it was a blind handout..........   Dude my head is about to explode just thinkung about this while my fingers are smoking form trying to keep up with my thoughts     Republicans and Democrates are to blame for the bailout. Im republican and screaming at the tv "What the F**K are you thinking". Now we have a bigger deficit, while all these smaller companies are scratching their haeds saying why the hell did the government through a big wall.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

If the bail out didn't happen, I know my business and several other businesses would be up a shit creek.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 18, 2008, 10:34:57 AM
If the bail out didn't happen, I know my business and several other businesses would be up a shit creek.

~Brian

yep, b.s. but necessary b.s. The bs, IMO, is that it wasn't fixed before it became a crisis.

Flynbyu

Oh I definitely agree. It should have never got out of hand, and the current administration is to blame for letting it go this far.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 18, 2008, 10:39:43 AM
Oh I definitely agree. It should have never got out of hand, and the current administration is to blame for letting it go this far.

~Brian

I bet, in your position, over the last 5-6 years, you have seen people approved for car loans, that have no business with any loans period. It was a good time for our country, but it appeared too good at the end...and it was. We will dig out of it but it will be awhile. And all of us will feel it somehow. Maybe not directly, or a lot. But here and there.

Jeebus, I need to do some work today. :lol:

Flynbyu

Quote from: Peels660 on October 18, 2008, 10:44:32 AM

~Brian

I bet, in your position, over the last 5-6 years, you have seen people approved for car loans, that have no business with any loans period. It was a good time for our country, but it appeared too good at the end...and it was. We will dig out of it but it will be awhile. And all of us will feel it somehow. Maybe not directly, or a lot. But here and there.

Sure, but those people bought cars through special finance lenders that required an investment from the customer. The bonds that investors invest in to fund those loans are gone because those loans are tied into the mortgage market. We've lost two lenders so far during this crisis, and are faced with a freeze.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

RaptorRandy

~Brian

I thinks thats inccorect, you want to blame someone, blame the black democratic caucus, the bleeding heart librals and the POS lawyers like Obama who pushed and sued banks into making sub prime loans to people that could not repay them.  You can't blame this on just republicans.... some of these republicans, McCain as well  were raising concerns and trying to put a stop to this crap a long time ago. This is what happens when liberal government plays social engineering. In my opinion a vote for Obama is a vote for more of the same failed ideals that got us to where we are now, and I can't believe intelligent people are falling for his line of thinking and BS.
As long as politicians are lawyers nothing will get better.

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Flynbyu

Found this interesting.....Sorry about the size!

Interesting.

(From  May 2007 issue of The Banking Law Journal)

~Brian

(resized for you brian, -randy)

[attachment deleted by admin]
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 18, 2008, 10:52:06 AM
Quote from: Peels660 on October 18, 2008, 10:44:32 AM

~Brian

Sure, but those people bought cars through special finance lenders that required an investment from the customer. The bonds that investors invest in to fund those loans are gone because those loans are tied into the mortgage market. We've lost two lenders so far during this crisis, and are faced with a freeze.

~Brian

that is not good.

I agree, Raptor Randy, I blame them all! But I also blame their attitude on the subject on the figurehead that is George Bush and his make money at all costs gameplan. Not the party as a whole. I saw many changes when W took office due to overall attitude. My wife was a casualty of this attitude. Had her job for 11 years and we watched as things changed and coworkers were dropped until last year...when it was her turn. They can get away with shadier business practices. Liberal candidates IMO, go for more of an "even keel" approach where we have a steadier ship for longer. As opposed to grow, grow grow....then shrink. Which is where we are now. Just my observation. Oh, and I never understood what a "bleeding heart" liberal is? Do tell. My heart is a-ok :lol:

BTW, I think McCain is a much better candidate than Bush was, but I am not ready to vote for his party because of the bad taste he left in my mouth. He represents a slight change, where I believe we need massive change. I actually just summed my whole view up this election with just one paragraph. 8) ;)

I am enjoying this thread :clap: