Poll: Seriously, who are you voting for???

Started by Gunz, October 09, 2008, 10:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

Quote from: GIR on October 10, 2008, 12:35:11 PM
Quote from: Flynbyu on October 10, 2008, 11:04:56 AM
Quote from: GIR on October 10, 2008, 10:49:05 AM
I'm not talking about Monica.  I'm talking about all the other crap that both Bill AND Hillary did while they were in the white house.  The stuff that only the Secret Service and other white house people had the unfortunate fortune to have to witness.  Hillary did her share of crap while Bill was in office too.  Most people just don't know about it.

So you exactly don't know what they did because of the Secret Service, or you do know what they did?

I'm confused.

I've heard a few things they did from a couple different sources, and a few things have leaked into the press, but I don't know everything they did, nor do I want to.  We as a country I think have figured out that we need to keep a closer eye on those people we elect to lead us.  We need to remind them that it is an elected office and they can be removed from it.  I'm amazed that AIG spend $440,000 on hotels, spa treatments, golf, food, etc. right after the government agreed to help them out of their mess.  Then they decided to ask for more money.  We don't demand accountability these days like we should.

The news reported that one of the candidates has spent $17 MILLION dollars so far this year on ad campaigns.  In most states these ads they have on TV and radio are 2 to 1, 4 to 1 and even up to 8 to 1 times as may as their opponent.  People are trying to figure out how to keep a roof over there head.  Does anyone else feel like maybe this money could have been spent a little better other places?

Does anyone know much about any of the independent or 3rd party candidates?

AIG hear of everyone complaining about the last retreat, so they've CANCELLED the second one.

Talk about some shit.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Was it official that they canceled the next one? I heard as of 2 days ago, it was still planned for a place in Cali?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

Quote from: Krandall on October 10, 2008, 01:56:16 PM
Was it official that they canceled the next one? I heard as of 2 days ago, it was still planned for a place in Cali?

I heard it on CNN this morning......They have cancelled the second outing, but you never know.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 10, 2008, 02:05:37 PM
Quote from: Krandall on October 10, 2008, 01:56:16 PM

I heard it on CNN this morning......They have cancelled the second outing, but you never know.

~Brian

That's good, yeah, they were talking about it on the Today show wednesday. bastards.. the last outing.. just under a half a mill..  :mad: :mad:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

I can't believe all of the red states you guys must live in.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 10, 2008, 02:19:58 PM

~Brian

Isn't Oklahoma a red state?  :confused:

Flynbyu

Quote from: Colorado700R on October 10, 2008, 02:20:53 PM

~Brian

Yep, so is Arkansas.

Only because it's the bible belt. The only thing they swing on is the Pro Life candidate.

If the Pro Life candidate was Ted Kennedy, they would vote for him.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 10, 2008, 02:24:44 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on October 10, 2008, 02:20:53 PM

~Brian

Yep, so is Arkansas.

Only because it's the bible belt. The only thing they swing on is the Pro Life candidate.

If the Pro Life candidate was Ted Kennedy, they would vote for him.

~Brian

Red or Blue, doesnt matter both sides are fucked  :'(

Flynbyu

The GOP's proof Obama had terrorist training.....

:rofl:

I can't wait to see my next batch of emails from my republican friends....

"Not only is he a muslim, he's had training!"

"The sky is falling!" "The sky is falling!"

:lol:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Thats just sad, that doesn't even look like him.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 10, 2008, 02:50:32 PM
Thats just sad, that doesn't even look like him.

I like the knife in the sleeve, that'll work out well in combat  :lol:

socalrappy700

Here is the stuff I get.

Here is a quick look into 3 former Fannie Mae executives who have brought down Wall Street.

Franklin Raines was a Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Fannie Mae.  Raines was forced to retire from his position with Fannie Mae  when auditing discovered severe irregulaties in Fannie Mae's accounting activities. At the time of his departure The Wall Street Journal noted, " Raines, who long defended the company's accounting despite mounting evidence that it wasn't proper, issued a statement late Tuesday conceding that "mistakes were made" and saying he would assume responsibility as he had earlier promised. News reports indicate the company was under growing pressure from regulators to shake up its management in the wake of findings that the company 's books ran afoul of generally accepted accounting principles for four years."  Fannie Mae had to reduce its surplus by $9 billion.
Raines left with a "golden parachute valued at $240 Million in benefits. The Government filed suit against Raines when the depth of the accounting scandal became clear.http://housingdoom.com/2006/12/18/fannie-charges/ . The Government noted, "The 101 charges reveal how the individuals improperly manipulated earnings to maximize their bonuses, while knowingly neglecting accounting systems and internal controls, misapplying over twenty accounting principles and misleading the regulator and the public. The Notice explains how th ey submitted six years of misleading and inaccurate accounting statements and inaccurate capital reports that enabled them to grow Fannie Mae in an unsafe and unsound manner."  These charges were made in 2006.  The Court ordered Raines to return $50 Million Dollars he received in bonuses based on the miss-stated Fannie Mae profits.
Tim Howard -  Was the Chief Financial Officer of Fannie Mae. Howard "was a strong internal proponent of using accounting strategies that would ensure a "stable pattern of earnings" at Fannie. In everyday English - he was cooking the books.  The Government Investigation determined th at, "Chief Financial Officer, Tim Howard, failed to provide adequate oversight to key control and reporting functions within Fannie Mae,"
On June 16, 2006, Rep. Richard Baker, R-La., asked the Justice Department to investigate his allegations that two former Fannie Mae executives lied to Congress in October 2004 when they denied manipulating the mortgage-finance giant's income statement to achieve management pay bonuses. Investigations by federal regulators and the company's board of directors since concluded that management did manipulate 1998 earnings to trigger bonuses. Raines and Howard resigned under pressure in late 2004.
Howard's Golden Parachute was estimated at $20 Million!
Jim Johnson -   A former executive at Lehman Brothers and who was later forced from his position as Fannie Mae CEO.   A look at the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight's May 2006 report o n mismanagement and corruption inside Fannie Mae, and you'll see some interesting things about John son. Investigators found that Fannie Mae had hidden a substantial amount of John son's 1998 compensation from the public, reporting that it was between $6 million and $7 million when it fact it was $21 million."    John son is currently under investigation for taking illegal loans from Countrywide while serving as CEO of Fannie Mae. 
Johnson's Golden Parachute was estimated at $28 Million.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
FRANKLIN RAINES? Raines works for the Obama Campaign as Chief Economic Advisor
TIM HOWARD?  Howard is also a Chief Economic Advisor to Obama
JIM JOHNSON?  Johnson hired as a Senior Obama Finance Advisor and was selected to run Obama's Vice Presidential Search Committee
IF OBAMA PLANS ON CLEANING UP THE MESS - HIS ADVISORS HAVE THE EXPERTISE - THEY MADE THE MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE.   Would you trust the men who tore Wall Street down to build the New Wall Street ?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Sounds like McCain has a guy that can help clean up the mess too.

John McCain's campaign manager, Rick Davis was paid $35,000 per week for a total of $2,000,000 to act as the head man of a lobby for Freddie Mack and Fannie Mae, the mortgage giants just bailed out by the Federal government.

Details of the never previously divulged huge financial connection of the McCain campaign to Freddie and Fannie were published in the New York Times on September 22nd.

McCain's spokesman, Steve Schmidt, was livid with anger over the disclosure of the huge lobbying deal. Schmidt launched a peculiarly Rovian blast at the Times for letting this cat (or is it a  bo :tank: mb shell) out of the bag.

"Next"

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Let me check that one.  I thought I heard something on that one. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 10, 2008, 03:10:55 PM

"Next"

~Brian

"Really Number two, you just need to zip it"

:rofl:  You gotta admit at least bush gives us plenty of entertainment value  :lol: