Troy

Wow, this is the happiest thread I've ran into all month,lol

preddy08

Crown SR even...........OOOOOOO gettin me all worked up now. :thud:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

RaptorRandy

Quote from: preddy08 on October 09, 2008, 09:07:06 PM
Crown SR even...........OOOOOOO gettin me all worked up now. :thud:

You got my mouth watering......I'm gonna have to go grab my jug now  :)

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

preddy08

Troy, you wanna chime in with your thoughts on the hot rod crank?

RaptorRandy

Quote from: preddy08 on October 09, 2008, 09:13:07 PM

I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on it now that he has run it hard as well. I was a little leary of them based on what I have seen on their cranks in the 660's as well as the Honda 450R's, but it sound like their a viable option on the 700R based builds

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Troy

I like it, I like it alot :thumbs:

preddy08

Quote from: troywcc on October 09, 2008, 09:17:42 PM
I like it, I like it alot :thumbs:

Were talkin cranks not HAWG!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Troy

I will say that it seems to be a great crank for the money, no vibration, no loss of top end, in fact my bike is all topend now with no loss in bottom end.  So far so good, just have to weed out the weak links that are showing up here and there.  Now I just need to get the lockup and clutch tossed in and try to get to Little Sahara next week.

Troy

I like the hoggin too, good hoggin in Nebraska if anyone is interested :thumbs:

preddy08

Quote from: RaptorRandy on October 09, 2008, 09:17:29 PM
Quote from: preddy08 on October 09, 2008, 09:13:07 PM

I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on it now that he has run it hard as well. I was a little leary of them based on what I have seen on their cranks in the 660's as well as the Honda 450R's, but it sound like their a viable option on the 700R based builds

I like the Hot Rod crank because they are a local company, and Tony Tice man still has the hookup's with them.

BUT

We put a +3 crank in a buddys YFZ and it would vibrate you teeth out after two laps on the track! It had full suspension with antivibe everything too boot. It was so bad that it wore out BRAND new crank bearing and sent the piston into the head/valves, cracked the piston, sent the wrist pin into the tranny, then the piston through the side of the cylinder.

But after seeing how smooth Troys bike ran last weekend it reinstill my warm fuzzy feeling with them.

And yes, good hoggin in Nebraska.

RaptorRandy

Quote from: troywcc on October 09, 2008, 09:21:01 PM
I will say that it seems to be a great crank for the money, no vibration, no loss of top end, in fact my bike is all topend now with no loss in bottom end.  So far so good, just have to weed out the weak links that are showing up here and there.  Now I just need to get the lockup and clutch tossed in and try to get to Little Sahara next week.

Thats good to hear.......I might be doing a build for a buddy who wants the HR +5mm crank.

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Troy

Preddy Rich's Honda 450 in our camp has the hotrod +3 crank in it and it doesn't vibrate, for some reason those yamaha 450 cranks are very very nasty, so much so you can barely hang on to them.  I know I'll eventually go bigger with the motor but I have no regrets at all so far going with the hot rod.  I will admit I was a little bit nervous about getting it with the problems the 660's have been having but so far so good.  Time will tell for sure, I only have a few weekends on this setup so I'll keep my fingers crossed,lol.

White Rider

Ok.....you do not have to do any trenching of any cases for stroker cranks, thats in banshees. In 700 motors the first thing you come to is the counterweights. The max limit on a stock crank for a stroke is +12 because you get to the end and it is tapered making it weaker. Any more than that and you should go billet, which may require very little machining on the counters for clearance......oh and this is with a barker rod, its a smaller bearing rod.
Raptor873

Krandall

I need to get my rappy to the tice man damn it... :mad:

Heard nothing but good bout him!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

Are the planets all lined up or something?

Is that Kum By Ya I hear?

:lol:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum