How to remove intake snorkle?

Started by Danny T, September 27, 2008, 09:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny T

I've been using a Twin Air air filter for a while now and would like to see the intake tube to check for debree. I was puzzled when looking at the snorkle on how to get it off.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

1badazz_700r

You can remove the airbox and loosten the screw on the tube at the throttle body, and just simply pull it out. or you can loosten the clamp on the backside of the intake and at the throttle body and fight and struggle to get it out of there. My opinion is remove the airbox. 4 10mm bolts on the top. 2-10mm bolts,one on each side holding the tail piece on. 2 allen head bolts holding the brain onto the airbox forgot what size. Then just loosten the clamps and pull it out :thumbs:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Bert

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on September 27, 2008, 09:38:07 AM
You can remove the airbox and loosten the screw on the tube at the throttle body, and just simply pull it out. or you can loosten the clamp on the backside of the intake and at the throttle body and fight and struggle to get it out of there. My opinion is remove the airbox. 4 10mm bolts on the top. 2-10mm bolts,one on each side holding the tail piece on. 2 allen head bolts holding the brain onto the airbox forgot what size. Then just loosten the clamps and pull it out :thumbs:
I slide the brain up & off of its holder bracket