Where to put the ugly green sticker??

Started by zx10r203, September 25, 2008, 09:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny T

Quote from: BackwoodsBoy on September 26, 2008, 03:57:32 PM
Good choice, mine is under my seat where the tool kit is. Never decided where to put it, and didnt really want to. So I stuck it under there. If they get mad, oh well.

mine is there also (except i have no tool kit)
its all dirty from falling off so its staying there:)

Bert

Good choice, mine is under my seat where the tool kit is. Never decided where to put it, and didnt really want to. So I stuck it under there. If they get mad, oh well.
They do get mad, that LEO was a dick

wobble

Quote from: dmx434343 on September 26, 2008, 04:00:59 PM

mine is there also (except i have no tool kit)
its all dirty from falling off so its staying there:)

I prefer to keep mine visible. I don't want a LEO approaching me 'cause he can't see my sticker. That just opens the door for them to write tickets, like violating noise restrictions. I'd rather try to avoid them, not attract them!  :lol:

BackwoodsBoy

Yeah well mine was never peeled its still like new under my seat, ive never had anyone say anything about it. They ask me where its at, I show them and thats the end of the convo. I guess it depends on the person you get.
2007 Rappy SE
A few mods, more to come!

wobble

I frequent the Oregon Dunes. They have a 93db limit for exhaust. Obviously I can't pass that, so I try to stay as low as possible on the radar.  :lol:

BackwoodsBoy

Thats why they make rules and laws for people like us to break.  :clap:
2007 Rappy SE
A few mods, more to come!

Colorado700R

The ATV and MX community have a bad enough rap with environmentalists /DNR / forest service.  Although we'll never see eye to eye, we should always make an attempt to be good stewards of our sport so our kids can enjoy it someday too.

Aaron

exentix

i agree with colorado, but breaking the rules is sooo hard not to do  :rofl: its no fun following the rules but i see where hes coming from...

id say put it over the warning labels somewhere  ???

zx10r203

Thats what I am thinking.  There has to be a middle ground, they want it in plain sight and I want it out of sight.  May be the swing would be the best place.  Just don't want to have to get a new one every time I wash it. 

TrxOutlawz

In Utah, we have to register our quads.  We get a sticker that must be put on the quad.   I made these plates and attached them to the fender bolt under the front fender right behind the lights.   I got one on each side..

[attachment deleted by admin]
Chuck
'08 700R SE

wobble

Quote from: zx10r203 on September 27, 2008, 08:19:29 PM
Thats what I am thinking.  There has to be a middle ground, they want it in plain sight and I want it out of sight.  May be the swing would be the best place.  Just don't want to have to get a new one every time I wash it. 

They must use different adhesive than they use for my stickers. Mine are on there! Never had a problem and I use a pressure washer quite a bit.

As far as the stock stickers go..........those flew off the first time I washed the quad with my pressure washer! Oh well, I didn't really care for them anyway.

wobble

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 27, 2008, 07:18:57 PM
The ATV and MX community have a bad enough rap with environmentalists /DNR / forest service.  Although we'll never see eye to eye, we should always make an attempt to be good stewards of our sport so our kids can enjoy it someday too.

Aaron

I agree......to a point. It's pretty sand when my stock raptor 660 couldn't pass the sound test. It tested at 94db (over the 93db limit). I understand the idea behind noise restrictions, but there should really be some compromise here too. If I remember correctly, the stock exhaust on an '08 KTM is 94db.

fire raptor

Left rear fender their is a place for it. In California it has to be in plain sight. You will be stopped and hassled by ranger if they cannot see it. Heed what Colorado said about offroad vehicles and the PR problems we are faced with. It is not that big of a deal!!!