Skid Gaurds?

Started by Colorado700R, May 14, 2008, 03:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

It gets nasty in the woods by my parents.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Havn2muchfun

GYTR chassis and a-arms. Pro-Armour swingarm. All are holding up well, great fit.
So many upgrades, so little money.

SandDragon

Colorado, mine were made by bmust67.  He does the radiator guards, a-arms, full belly skids, and GYTR knock offs.  The full belly skids are SWEET!!!  1/2 price of anything else I found... and they are custom.  :thumbs:

SpeedQuest

Quote from: BLU700R on May 16, 2008, 03:28:11 PM
Why do you guys need this where the hell do you ride thats gonna eff up your undercarriage ???

Blu...

If you're coming to Florida this fall you better REALLY consider getting some skids before then.  We have nasty tree roots, logs and other debris that would love to poke a hole in your engine, or worse yet, snag your a-arms and toss you into a 4' diameter, 300 year old Live Oak tree!

Raptorfreeeek

GYTR all around!!  No regrets.  They've saved my a$$ many many times.

RF Out!
2007 Raptor 700SE Orange/Black
PIAA Head Light Bulbs
DMC Duals
PC III Power Programmer
Pro Filter
Pro Taper SE Handlebars / Renthal Kevlar Grips
GYTR Skids all around
Pro Armor Black Rear Grab Bar /Black Front Grab Bar
Pro Armor Black Foot Pegs/Heel Guards
Maxxis Razr 2 Front and Rear Tires
Trail Tech Vapor
Renthal 15T Front Sprocket
Renthal Chain

shrimpy21

I have GYTR a-arm and swingarm and pro armour engine skids.The pro armour fits perfect,had a little trouble with the GYTR swinarm skid
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

Flynbyu

My A-Arm and chassis skid plates are DG Fat series. My swingarm skid is made by Ricochet.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Segkast

I don't know if you guys that were around RF maybe 6-9 months ago remember this or not: there was a dude on e-bay selling 660 Belly skids for like $17 buy-it-now, with about $12 shipping. Anyway, I picked up one of those and have no complaints, light, pretty sturdy, mounted up real nice- clean and easy. I think I'm about to go take it to get PC'd too, we'll see. I couldn't find a manufacturer name on it anywhere though. Meh. Cheap and it works  :clap:

PRM swinger skid in the mail on it's way to me right now ($20 used, love E-bay !) Also, a PRM Edge Bumper for like $35. Send 'em both to the PC guy and they as good - or better than new !  :wootwoot: :wootwoot: ^-^

Oury grips & Yamalube

NaturalRaptor

I have the GYTR belly and swinger skids. Work good since I grabbed them with my Yamaha bucks at time of purchase. I dont like taking the belly off every time I change the oil though.
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

RR34

broken off 3 DG swingarm skids on my 350. shit gets pretty rocky around here and broke off all 3 of them at the welds. going about 30-40mph.
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Warren

i had brad from the RF to make me a set of a-arm gaurds and a engine skid. he does awesome work.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

ThisGuyAlex

i'm runnin none but i cringe when i have to go over a big rock or down a river and can't see em coming....afraid o cracking cases....gonna have a local fab shop do me something up a little different...will post it when done
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

socalrappy700

Quote from: NaturalRaptor on May 26, 2008, 05:39:04 PM
I have the GYTR belly and swinger skids. Work good since I grabbed them with my Yamaha bucks at time of purchase. I dont like taking the belly off every time I change the oil though.

I have the GYTR skids and I don't have to take the belly off to change the oil.   :confused:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

ThisGuyAlex

none at all yet getting a cusrom belly skid done by a fab joint here in town
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

socalrappy700

Quote from: ThisGuyAlex on May 30, 2008, 07:27:59 AM
none at all yet getting a cusrom belly skid done by a fab joint here in town

We need to see what they can make for my swing arm.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum