Warning Label Rivets?

Started by zx10r203, September 08, 2008, 09:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zx10r203

What is the best way to remove the Warning Label Rivets???? :confused:

TrxOutlawz

Take your drill with a 1/4" drill bit.  take some pliers and hold the underneath side of the rivet.  Carefully and slowly drill the head of the rivet.  it will pop off the head very quickly, be prepared.  Then just pull with the pliers and you will not damage anything.   Works everytime without fail.   
Chuck
'08 700R SE

thatguy

get a small drill bit that will fit through the middle of it and drill it out and it should fall apart then :thumbs:

zx10r203

Thanks for the help.  Also I saw a Raptor with custom carbon fiber panels where the labels used to be.  Does anyone know how that was made?? or Who makes them?? or where to get it??

TrxOutlawz

It was me that had those carbon fiber covers.   I got them from Carbon Covers.   The color in the pics do not do them justice.  They are a great match to the stock colors.   They look really good on the bike in person...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Chuck
'08 700R SE

Bert

I mentioned something to my buddy about warning label covers & he thought a beer can would look good mounted there, I say red bull.....

exentix

somebody on here took a monster can and cut a piece out and used that.  :thumbs: but other than that carbon covers is a good one, they have some on ebay, and a few other sites, search warning labels, theres multiple threads about them  :thumbs:

zx10r203

Quote from: TrxOutlawz on September 08, 2008, 10:38:30 PM
It was me that had those carbon fiber covers.   I got them from Carbon Covers.   The color in the pics do not do them justice.  They are a great match to the stock colors.   They look really good on the bike in person...

Thanks for the info Trx!! Those look great.  I saw some pictures of you quad and man,  that thing is awesome!!!!!!

BADRAP08

i just used a set of pliers and grabed the rivet from the back bent it back and forth and they poped right off. i got the carbon covers and they add a nice custom touch :thumbs:
08 700R SE

Livingmylife93

I just drilled through mine with a small bit and a pair of pliers.