Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: im new...she's broke...need help pls  (Read 810 times)

Offline 55LoLyfe

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
im new...she's broke...need help pls
« on: September 07, 2008, 08:24:19 PM »
i never saw it, but i hit something pretty hard with the rear brake rotor and im guessing it screwed up the bearings where the axle goes thru the swingarm cause i have some pretty good play there now and it makes a loud screaching sound when you roll it forward and backwards. what all do i need to do to fix this and what websites can i get the parts from. i just bought the 450 shocks off of johnny baja (thanks johnny) so funds are a little low right now, but i would like to know what i need and where i need to get it from so i know how much i need. any help will be much appreciated.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: im new...she's broke...need help pls
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 08:27:19 PM »
i never saw it, but i hit something pretty hard with the rear brake rotor and im guessing it screwed up the bearings where the axle goes thru the swingarm cause i have some pretty good play there now and it makes a loud screaching sound when you roll it forward and backwards. what all do i need to do to fix this and what websites can i get the parts from. i just bought the 450 shocks off of johnny baja (thanks johnny) so funds are a little low right now, but i would like to know what i need and where i need to get it from so i know how much i need. any help will be much appreciated.

brake rotor bent? Bearings will be somewhere between 20-30 bucks. I hope that is all that is!

Ebay for the cheap way out. Go to atv parts, then type raptor into search.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline 55LoLyfe

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: im new...she's broke...need help pls
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 08:40:59 PM »
just flatened the rotor on the edge, just filed it down for the meantime, it needed rear brakes anyway