Another tragic accident

Started by bandyb1977, September 03, 2008, 04:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandyb1977

My good friend, Rob, was seriously hurt at Sand Mountain NV. over the weekend. He is a new rider and was not wearing his helmut. He was riding my 06 YFZ 450 near the bottom of the mountain when he wrecked. We are not sure of all the details but we do know the bike landed on top of him snapping the subframe in half.

Rob was lifeflighted to Renown Hospital where he is currently in Trauma ICU. Rob suffered a fracture to his T1 vertebrae, he broke both clavicals and six ribs, punctured a lung, and sheared his brain (sounds worse than it is, its where the two halfs go in opposite directions, but still attached to each other) causing a small brain bleed. He also had to have a few staples in his knee.

Rob is stable but very aggitated and has to be sedated so he does not hurt himself further. Rob will recover but it will be a long road.
07 797 SE2
Built by Holeshot Designs

BRAD

sorry to hear that man. and i wish him a safe and speedy recovery
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Flynbyu

Oh man.

That makes me sick. My prayers go out to him and his family.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

That is terrible. Sounds like in the long run, he is lucky, though. I seriously feel bad for the long road he has to recover. I will be pulling for him.

Wear your helmet! sure, 99.9% of the time, nothing happens. It is the .01% that will hurt ya'. Or worse.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Livingmylife93

That sucks.

I hope he gets better soon!

socalrappy700

Sorry to hear that bro, I'll keep him and his family in my prayers.  I'm just glad it wasn't worse since he wasn't wearing a helmet.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

SUB454

Sorry to hear that bro, I wish him a speedy recovery.
DIRECTDRIVE

Colorado700R

FoundArealQuad

DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Danny T

Krandall

our prayers go out to him and his family for a speedy recovery

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

zx10r203

We will make sure to keep him in our prayers!! Keep us informed!!!

darkside94

have they found out if he will have any permanent brain damage?
oh and best wishes i cant imagine what all of that at one time must be like
The grammatically challenged's punching bag.

digitalhearing

That's so hard to imagine, happening to a close friend.  I will say a prayer for Him and everyone who is involved.

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

Bert

I wish him a full recovery & the patience for the road ahead