GUNS!!!!! Post pics of your guns

Started by dungbeetle06, May 12, 2008, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peelz

That's all I am to you...a Target? :( :lol:

(inevitable reply unnecessary)  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

realdeal

Quote from: Krandall on December 17, 2008, 08:20:35 AM
Quote from: russ on December 16, 2008, 06:10:24 PM
Quote from: Krandall on December 16, 2008, 02:02:05 PM
how often would you need the safety off in a life or death situation, I'd bet in a real world NON combat scenario.... Just flashing a gun would be enough for someone to run.
If you have to draw, you better have already made the decision that someone is going to die.  You never draw without intending to fire, nor do you think to just "wound" someone, that's just movie/TV bullshit.  Besides, if you just pull it as a threat, you can be charged with a crime yourself, but if you shoot, dead men tell no tales.

Cops don't pull their gun and just shoot.. I don't think I could make a split second decision that someone is going to die.

Just me personally I guess.
cops can brandish a firearm to take control of a disorderly suspect. You cant. They will lock your butt up if you pull it on a person that is disorderly. Only way you can pull it on someone is if you plan on using it, and to be able to used deadly force there has to be 3 things in place. Ability, opportunity, and Jeopardy.

QuoteIn the United States, a civilian may legally use deadly force when it is considered justifiable homicide, that is to say when the civilian feels their own life, or the lives of their family or those around them are in legitimate and imminent danger. However, self-defense resulting in usage of deadly force by a civilian or civilians against an individual or individuals is often subject to examination by a court if it is unclear whether it was necessary at the point of the offense, and whether any further action on the part of the law needs to be taken.

here is another quote also
QuoteAbility, Opportunity and Jeopardy
In order for you to claim that you were reasonably in fear for your life (or the lives of others you had a right to protect), three conditions must be met:
Ability: The assailant(s) must have the ability to inflict death or grave bodily injury.
This could be by means of a weapon, such as a knife, gun or club. This could also be by means of a weapon such as a brick, a scissors, a two-by-four, a bottle, etc.
This could be by means of a disparity of force, such as male versus female, much larger body size, special skills like being a professional fighter or by larger numbers (a group attack).
Opportunity: The assailant(s) must have the opportunity to employ the ability.
A group threatening to beat the tar out of you, which is behind a ten-foot-high chain link fence, lacks the opportunity, even though they have the ability.
A man with a baseball bat yelling threats at you from across a busy four-lane street lacks the opportunity, even though he has the ability. When he starts crossing the street, the dynamic starts to change.
An average person 21 feet (seven yards) from you can cover that distance in less than two seconds, so a person threatening you with a knife, say eight yards away, with no obstacles between you, has both the ability and the opportunity.
Jeopardy: The assailant must be behaving in such a manner that a reasonable person, knowing what you know at the time, would conclude that he is placing you in jeopardy. In some jurisdictions this is also known as motive.
A friend who takes out the latest addition to his knife collection to show to you has both ability and opportunity. What is lacking is the reasonable perception that he is placing you in jeopardy by showing you his latest acquisition.
As in the question of how far away is an assailant with a contact weapon still a threat, prior knowledge is a key element in judging your reasonableness. If you try to cite knowledge you didn't acquire until after the incident, it will not be allowed in court. Documented training can make the difference.
Ability, opportunity and jeopardy form a tripod. If all three are not present simultaneously, you cannot prove justifiable use of force. However, there's more ...
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

FORMERLY KNOWN AS RAP7HUNDRED

Peelz

great post realdeal. :thumbs: So I can't whip out a .22 on shitty waiter? :lol: j/k
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

realdeal

haha.. sure you can. let us know how it turns out..lol  :clap: :clap:
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

realdeal

i learned alot of this stuff when i worked for the maximum security prison. I took an Inmate work detail out and we had to understand the laws if a citizen were to approach us when we were working our detail. Alot of stuff applied to regulars citizens also.
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

Peelz

Here in Iowa, you can keep a concealed weapon, but you have to take a test....after proving you need it. So, you just tell them whatever it is you think you need it for, only embellished. Not very detailed guidelines. Just that you are concerned for your safety. But, you have to give them a reason to be concerned. Not just "they're out to get me" :lol: No prior record as well. If you fire it, there will be hell to pay.

russ-russ

Here in Colorado (home of the "Make my day" law), you must show proof of a valid pistol safety/competency course, or prior military or law enforcement service, and pass a background check.  The only reason you need is that you want it.  :thumbs:

Peelz

Quote from: russ on December 21, 2008, 04:10:32 PM
Here in Colorado (home of the "Make my day" law), you must show proof of a valid pistol safety/competency course, or prior military or law enforcement service, and pass a background check.  The only reason you need is that you want it.   :thumbs:

same law here....only it is unwritten, just implied. :lol:

BRAD

Im pretty sure that here in Kentucky all you have to do is take a test and pass it.
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Peelz

Quote from: BRAD on December 21, 2008, 08:26:20 PM
Im pretty sure that here in Kentucky all you have to do is take a test and pass it.

Hope the test doesn't have any big words in it.....

:owned: :cheers:

Krandall

Post a pic of your gun ryan. you loser

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

BRAD

Quote from: Peels660 on December 21, 2008, 10:11:48 PM
Quote from: BRAD on December 21, 2008, 08:26:20 PM

Hope the test doesn't have any big words in it.....

:owned: :cheers:

It dont actually. I believe it's all just multiple choice. :lol:
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires