Powder Coating at its finest !!! *PIC**

Started by digitalhearing, July 31, 2008, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalhearing

Geez, I start a thread showing off my new A arms and I get a Picture of a cowboy on a bike.  How did that happen  ???

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

RaptorRandy

SUB454

DIRECTDRIVE

digitalhearing

That's funny right there.  Just goes to show, the guy with the long rod always wins  :lol:

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

Bert

digitalhearing

Quote from: Bert on July 31, 2008, 10:07:19 PM
PC looks great Grant  :thumbs:

Thanks, I got the upper arms on tonight, tomorrow the lowers and one of my Fox front shocks will be back from getting new parts cause it was bent.  I put a wider axle on tonight ... not sure but the swingarm might have a twist to it  :(  I'll be able to tell with the front end parts on and getting it sitting level. 

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

RaptorRandy

Quote from: digitalhearing on July 31, 2008, 11:42:05 PM
Quote from: Bert on July 31, 2008, 10:07:19 PM
PC looks great Grant  :thumbs:

Thanks, I got the upper arms on tonight, tomorrow the lowers and one of my Fox front shocks will be back from getting new parts cause it was bent.  I put a wider axle on tonight ... not sure but the swingarm might have a twist to it  :(  I'll be able to tell with the front end parts on and getting it sitting level. 

Grant

Grant, you couldn't send the swinger back and have them put it in the jig to see if it's tweaked like we talked about ?

Can't wait to see it all done.....I know it will look first class like always  :thumbs:

digitalhearing

That's a good idea on getting the swingarm back off and putting it on a jig.  I am trying to get it ready for the dyno this weekend and i'm running up against the clock  (as always)  :confused:

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

RaptorRandy

Quote from: digitalhearing on August 01, 2008, 08:01:39 AM
That's a good idea on getting the swingarm back off and putting it on a jig.  I am trying to get it ready for the dyno this weekend and i'm running up against the clock  (as always)  :confused:

Grant

Are you taking up to Dave to let him work his magic on it?

digitalhearing

Quote from: RaptorRandy on August 01, 2008, 08:14:28 AM

Grant

Yes that's the plan. Dave is busy so i'm waiting to see if he can fit mine in while my shoulder is recovering.  I am concerned about this swinger though, If I threw a chain on the dyno, it would be devistating.  I might rob a swingarm off of the wife's bike for dyno purposes while I have the swingarm inspected by the builder of it.

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

RaptorRandy

Quote from: digitalhearing on August 01, 2008, 10:18:56 AM
Quote from: RaptorRandy on August 01, 2008, 08:14:28 AM

Grant

Yes that's the plan. Dave is busy so i'm waiting to see if he can fit mine in while my shoulder is recovering.  I am concerned about this swinger though, If I threw a chain on the dyno, it would be devistating.  I might rob a swingarm off of the wife's bike for dyno purposes while I have the swingarm inspected by the builder of it.

Grant

I think that's a good plan Grant, that's what I would do if it were me. I really would hate to see it throw a chain on the dyno and fubar your cases, better safe than sorry.

Your running a 16 T front sprocket correct? I opted out of running one because I don't see a way to run a case saver with it. Have you had any luck or idea's with that ?

powder coater

I was working on a case saver for them but I dont think there is enough room. The short time I ran a 16 tooth it ripped the bottom bolt hole completely off the cases. If its close enough to do that I dont think I can design something to keep it from happening. Im just going to run a 14 and go down to a 34 on the rear If I have to.
Jason for Presedent !

digitalhearing

Randy, I am running a 15 tooth here on our short hill, only for the longer 500 ft race I ran the 16 tooth.  I should have a burly, polyurothane case saver by UPP next Tuesday that will fit up to a 15 tooth sprocket. 

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

RaptorRandy

Quote from: digitalhearing on August 01, 2008, 04:12:48 PM
Randy, I am running a 15 tooth here on our short hill, only for the longer 500 ft race I ran the 16 tooth.  I should have a burly, polyurothane case saver by UPP next Tuesday that will fit up to a 15 tooth sprocket. 

Grant

Grant, I run the 15 tooth as well. I'm still just running my OEM case saver.  Did you break or damage your lower case saver std boss off in the short time you ran the 16T ?

digitalhearing

Quote from: RaptorRandy on August 01, 2008, 04:32:47 PM
Quote from: digitalhearing on August 01, 2008, 04:12:48 PM

Grant

Grant, I run the 15 tooth as well. I'm still just running my OEM case saver.  Did you break or damage your lower case saver std boss off in the short time you ran the 16T ?
No, my studs are still there but I have seen too many broken chains and cases, so I ordered the Mac daddy case saver.  In fact earlier this spring when I was racing Jered McCormick I threw a chain but it didn't damage anything.  My swingarm is going out 2 more inches, so even a better reason to protect the motor I think. 
This Forum Rocks !