Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: 2008 Polaris RZR, RED, ITPSS212 & TerraCross  (Read 1946 times)

Offline raptorfryguy

• Street Cred: 0
2008 Polaris RZR, RED, ITPSS212 & TerraCross
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:16:22 AM »
Here we have a like new Polaris RZR, RED, production date 05-31-08.  Complete synthetic break in service done, nothing to say other than its a great sxs and it runs circles around hopped up Rhino's.  $10750  This thing with TerraCross tires will climb Banshee Hill at Winchester Bay OR.  All miles are sand miles on the Oregon dunes.  Oh the unit is in Eugene OR, and will be down at Dunefest this coming Saturday hanging around the 300ft.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:28:06 AM by raptorfryguy »
03 Ram/07 WWFSC2800
08 Raptor 700SE/06 YFZ 450SE both kinda stock.....

always looking for that impossible tree shot.......

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
Re: 2008 Polaris RZR, RED, ITPSS212 & TerraCross
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:32:51 AM »
It will run circles around hopped up rhinos?

???

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 11:04:16 AM »
yeah if the rhino ain't moving and the rzr is driving in circles around it.......duh
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 09:41:36 AM by ThisGuyAlex »
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 11:08:56 AM »
It will run circles around hopped up rhinos?

???

the razr is a pretty sporty machine. Depends on how "hopped up" the Rhino is. Big three Rhino would still not be as quick-too heavy.

Nice machine fryguy. I am in the market, but, my budget is not......good luck with the sale.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 12:44:28 PM »
probably the most fun machine ive ever had and ridden ever except for my yfz :clap: :clap:

Offline raptorfryguy

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 10:29:28 PM »
Hey not trying to put down Rhino's here, but I've owned a rhino before, and I remember how much of a dog it was out of the box.  The Yamaha has 10x better fit and finish then the Polaris products, but when it comes to performance and general dune capabilities you have to give it to the RZR.  A friend of mine has a long travel Rhino 700 with sno-mobile clutch, dragon fire exhaust, intake, cdi, and full set of Skat-Traks and it won't come anywhere close to climbing the steep dunes that this RZR can.  On the flats they both accellerate(spelling) and have about the exact top speed.  I've duned with Jeff from JJ&A in his RZR that has LTE's, dobeck, and full set of STU's, and its just an animal when it comes to going down in to tree shots and climbing stuff that only quads could climb maybe 10 years ago.  Just thinking I could use the money for something else.  The unit will be hanging around the 300' track at Winchester this coming weekend at Dune-Fest.
03 Ram/07 WWFSC2800

Offline raptorfryguy

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 03:46:36 PM »
OK, deal is gettin better.....$10250
03 Ram/07 WWFSC2800

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 03:49:31 PM »
OK, deal is gettin better.....$10250

I wish I could, that is a great deal!

Anybody?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

RaptorRandy

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 05:21:16 PM »
Dammit....I'd be all over this if I didn't have my hours cut back. The wife would really like to have an RZR 

I wish you took trade ins Tony  ;)

Offline sandaddy

• VIP
  • What.......Who`s a Chicken ??
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 06:51:31 PM »
Hey Tony, I`ll spread the word down here and see if I can find anyone lookin` for one......... I`ve seen this Razr and Tony keeps it clean and pretty.........Tony, I know my son wants it, do you have a 30 year plan??  lol  :grin_nod:
`06 780 Duner   Sandaddys Kid
`07 686 Duner   The "Spare"
`08 727 Duner    Dad`s Bike
`09 843 Duner    Dad`s Super Duner
`08 Z400 Duner  Moms` Bike
`10 Da Rzr        The Family Toy

Offline Langford

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 07:07:28 PM »
Good luck with the sale.  I own a RZR also, and I can back up what he is saying about the RZR running circles around a rhino, or any other side x side.  The new Arctic cat 1000 cc may be a challenge, but its still a work machine with a big motor.  Mine will do 63mph (GPS confirmed) with just the clutch spacer removed.  With just me in it, I could run damn near dead even with my buddies old grizz 700.  These things move well for 1000+ lb machines, and the suspension isn't bad for sporty riding. 

And as for the comment about the fit and finish of a yamaha being better than a polaris product...and honestly being a yamaha guy myself, I have to disagree.  Put a new Rhino next to a new RZR and compare the fit and finish, then take both for a ride...no comparison.  Polaris hit the nail on the head with the RZR. 
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

Offline raptorfryguy

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 09:53:26 PM »
just sold today.....for those of you who are considering this machine, its the bomb!  I predict that the market is going to be flooded with these machines now that Polaris is producing and delivering LOTS of them in the near future.  With the RZR-S and Special Edition models, the standard red/green ones will probably be in the 8-9K range used, and I'm already seeing them being sold "out the door" at some dealers for less then $10K  Again can't say anything  bad about this machine, it will pretty much go anywhere you can go with a standard 4x4 utility quad :)
03 Ram/07 WWFSC2800

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 10:37:07 AM »
glad to hear someone bought it. its so kickass! :clap: :clap:

Offline DuneMe

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 10:01:38 AM »
+1

The RZR-S is going to set a new standard. 

I hear BRP / Can-Am is coming out with a 1000cc SxS in early 2009 (we'll see if they really do).  If they don't offer the Long Travel like Polaris they shouldn't even bother coming out with it. 

The regular RZR is going to come down in price.  4-months ago my local dealer had a waiting list. . . now, they have them in stock. 

just sold today.....for those of you who are considering this machine, its the  bo :tank: mb !  I predict that the market is going to be flooded with these machines now that Polaris is producing and delivering LOTS of them in the near future.  With the RZR-S and Special Edition models, the standard red/green ones will probably be in the 8-9K range used, and I'm already seeing them being sold "out the door" at some dealers for less then $10K  Again can't say anything  bad about this machine, it will pretty much go anywhere you can go with a standard 4x4 utility quad :)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 12:16:25 PM »
+1

The RZR-S is going to set a new standard. 

I hear BRP / Can-Am is coming out with a 1000cc SxS in early 2009 (we'll see if they really do).  If they don't offer the Long Travel like Polaris they shouldn't even bother coming out with it. 

The regular RZR is going to come down in price.  4-months ago my local dealer had a waiting list. . . now, they have them in stock. 

just sold today.....for those of you who are considering this machine, its the  bo :tank: mb !  I predict that the market is going to be flooded with these machines now that Polaris is producing and delivering LOTS of them in the near future.  With the RZR-S and Special Edition models, the standard red/green ones will probably be in the 8-9K range used, and I'm already seeing them being sold "out the door" at some dealers for less then $10K  Again can't say anything  bad about this machine, it will pretty much go anywhere you can go with a standard 4x4 utility quad :)

yep, just saw pics of the new razr-s in my bro's quad magazine. It is now on my wish list!