Colorado trip

Started by preddy08, July 28, 2008, 07:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

I did that on my turbo four stroke snowmobile.  Polaris had it setup to run at 150 degrees all the time and said they wouldn't warranty it if you went to a higher temperature.  I found a 180 degree thermostat at napa that fit a geo metro and threw it in.  It solved alot of problems the machine was having fouling plugs and having gas in the oil, so the oil levels were rising.  The people that went up to this thermostat were happy, the people that didn't are still taking their machines in trying to figure it out ???

preddy08

Quote from: troywcc on July 29, 2008, 10:06:42 AM
I did that on my turbo four stroke snowmobile.  Polaris had it setup to run at 150 degrees all the time and said they wouldn't warranty it if you went to a higher temperature.  I found a 180 degree thermostat at napa that fit a geo metro and threw it in.  It solved alot of problems the machine was having fouling plugs and having gas in the oil, so the oil levels were rising.  The people that went up to this thermostat were happy, the people that didn't are still taking their machines in trying to figure it out ???

Not sure if thats something you want to do on a performance motor that will be running in HOT weather.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Colorado700R

Quote from: preddy08 on July 29, 2008, 10:40:43 AM
Quote from: troywcc on July 29, 2008, 10:06:42 AM

Not sure if thats something you want to do on a performance motor that will be running in HOT weather.

I can't see a 10-15 degree bump hurting a Raptor that seems to run very cool, I think monitoring the fan operation will be the key to seeing if it's getting scary.

Aaron

preddy08

If I were to up the temp of the thermostat, I would put on a SPAL fan on that moves more CFM. Just incase thing got really hot fast.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Troy

Put that RE 14:1 piston in there, that extra compression should help keep things cozy and warm 8)