Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Which Dyno - Help us Decide !  (Read 3821 times)

Offline Kenneth

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 6
  • 270-774-1982
    • KB Motorsports
    • Email
Which Dyno - Help us Decide !
« on: July 28, 2008, 10:05:43 AM »
Quick Notes :

Factory Pro seems to have the best tuning software - Fits in a enclosed tailer

Mustang - Factory is located in Ohio - Fits in an enclosed trailer  - Will also make a custom roller for it so it's 100% portable.

Dyno Dynamic -software unknown (wasn't able to talk to anyone)

Superflo- Will not fit in an enclosed trailer

Land & Sea - affordable - nice brochure lol

Dyna - I love the looks - also fits in an enclosed trailer (only found car dealers who had them in the states - popular in UK)

DynoJet- 1 sales guy was sorta cocky.. I waited a couple days before I called back hoping to get someone else. The second guy was extremely helpful and answered most of my questions. Unlike some of the other dyno manufactures they could not special make anything. It was really hard to get any real technical answers that wasn't already in the brochure.

I'm leaning towards the Factory Pro, Mustang , and DynoJet Dyno

The Factory Pro seems to have the best software with the 4 gas system. (It relies on more than just the 02 sensor to tune) . ( 4 gas system is an option with the mustang dyno)  www.factorypro.com

The Mustang Dyno is up the road basically I can save thousands of dollars just by driving to pick it up.  I can tune a bike the old fashion way by an o2 sensor alone or use the 4 gas option. www.mustangdyno.com

The Dynojet  has two important things  going for it... One is the name... 2nd the power commanders. 
It is too large to fit into an enclosed trailer being 9ft wide and 9ft long. The dynojet only relies on 02 sensors that can foul out   with leaded fuels.  The tuning software is sorta basic when it comes to the mustang and factory pro... It also reads higher hp than the mustang and factory pro dyno.  www.dynojet.com

What do you all suggest ?

I'm also open to used mobile ATV/Motorcycle dynos

Factory Pro has a  Tuning to Best Power Patent

Factory Pro also has just been issued another new, even more exciting dynamometer patent on Oct 9, 2007.
This patent covers automatic tuning to Best Power. We are all familiar with the simple "tune to an air fuel ratio" of common dealership level dynamometers and most tuners are aware that "AFR" is a very limited approximation of correct tuning.
Tuning to "Best Power" is what happens when you give the engine "what it wants" rather than "what somebody said it should have".

Dyno Comparison

4 gas Information
Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com

RaptorRandy

Re: Which Dyno - Help us Decide !
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 11:02:20 AM »
I don't know where the dynojet reads higher than the mustang or super flow dyno's is coming from....but I can tell you from what I have seen I think that is not accurate info.  If you get the latest dynojet eddie current load dyno, from my experience they read lower than most and from what I have seen as much as 11 HP on the higher HP builds  ::) An Eddie Current load dyno is the only way to properly tune/Map EFI bikes and the power commanders are the gold standard right now as well as the most popular, so to me it just makes sense to go with a Dyno jet if your going to be doing a lot of EFI bikes.
The very best tunes that I have seen....and not bragging here, but I have seen a lot of em, have come off the Dynojet eddie current dyno's and  IMO,don't waste your money on the tuning link software....it's just a crutch for those that don't have a gift for tuning.  I know Dave at Rooster built has the latest dyno jet eddie current dyno and it sure looks like it would fit in an enclosed trailer if you wanted to do that. You might shoot him a PM over at RF and ask what the dimensions and model number of his unit are...it may be bigger than it looks to me, but it seems to have a small enough footprint to put in an 8' wide trailer.

Good luck with your choice,

Randy

Offline Kenneth

• Site Sponsor
  • 270-774-1982
    • KB Motorsports
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 11:31:19 AM »
Thanks Randy for your information !  :thumbs:
keep in mind any dyno I purchase will not be available to the public until I learn everything associated with the software. It may take a couple days to a couple of months... who knows...  :rofl:  J/K

I also heard the tuning link software was a joke. Because it only tunes to 13:1:1 and each bike requires different fuel at each RPM for the best HP to smoothness ratio. (confirmed by factory pro)

I like the idea of the 4 gas analyzer that some of the other dyno's can be purchased with because it can also give feedback whether ignition timing needs to be tweaked with. Not available with the DJ Dyno.

If you visit a lot of car/motorcycle forums they all claim that the dynojet reads a little higher.  I'm not really concerned with which dyno reads the highest HP though.  I'm just looking for something that is going to simulate real world conditions so when I unstrap the motorcycle /atv off the dyno it will still perform as well as it did on the dyno.
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
270-774-1982

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 11:52:52 AM »
where are you located Kenneth?

You should move to minnesota.  :grin_nod:  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 11:53:26 AM »

Yeah, there's a smart move.   ???

:lol:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Pw383426

• Street Cred: 2
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 12:21:27 PM »
I've only been on two dyno's with my Rappy, a Superflow and an Eddie Load dyno from dynojet. As far as numbers go the Superflow was actually 1-1.5hp lower on the graphs than the Dynojet. BUT, all dyno's read differently so who knows. I like the idea of the 4 gas, but have never seen one inperson

Offline Kenneth

• Site Sponsor
  • 270-774-1982
    • KB Motorsports
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 12:32:45 PM »

I never been to Minnesota... You should move to KY! Cheap, Clean, and full of good people!
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
270-774-1982

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 12:42:03 PM »

I never been to Minnesota... You should move to KY! Cheap, Clean, and full of good people!

And seven teeth........total.

:rofl:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »

and do what??   Dyno sled dogs ???

Offline Kenneth

• Site Sponsor
  • 270-774-1982
    • KB Motorsports
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 12:45:31 PM »
LOL I have all my teeth plus a few unwanted ones coming in... (wisdom teeth) haha
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
270-774-1982

RaptorRandy

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 12:52:41 PM »
I've only been on two dyno's with my Rappy, a Superflow and an Eddie Load dyno from dynojet. As far as numbers go the Superflow was actually 1-1.5hp lower on the graphs than the Dynojet. BUT, all dyno's read differently so who knows. I like the idea of the 4 gas, but have never seen one inperson

1-1.5 HP between dyno's is great and can be accounted for in things as little as moving the bike off the rollers and back on, the way it's strapped down, tire pressure,air temp & humidity etc.

I am not a builder nor do I do this for a living, it's just a hobby for me, but I have been around it and tuned for a while now. From what I have seen every builder or shop that has a different brand dyno claims everone elses of another brand reads higher than theirs, and that goes for Automotive or ATV dyno's. That's just human nature and marketing.

I gauge my opinions from my own observatons and experiences and could care less what builder or shop has for their dyno as I have seen most all of them make lower numbers on the Eddie current Dyno's and the dyno is just a tuning tool. What I like is consistency and repeatability and a dyno you can't fudge the numbers with. IMHO the DJ Eddie Current fits the bill.

I know that if I myself were to purchase a dyno today I would get the Dyno Jet Eddie current load dyno with the dynojet software package and 02 meter.
I have seen consistent race winning tunes come from this setup as well as bikes & winged Mini Sprints with crotch rocket motors that already were fast and ran well, run better and go even faster :thumbs:

Randy

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 01:02:50 PM »
LOL I have all my teeth plus a few unwanted ones coming in... (wisdom teeth) haha

Are you typing to the sound of banjos?

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 01:14:40 PM »
not sure what dyno devan got his done on but he only hit 38 hp...

his build consists of:
big three with barker duals
megacycle x4 cam
je12.5:1 piston
+2 throttle body
+1 valves
t-rex port and polish (bo)
and a dynatek

with stock gearing it only hit 93 mph lol and somehow only 38 hp...

cant remember exactly what dyno it was ill look it up on rf here in a few

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 01:27:23 PM »
ok the dyno devan used was a factorypro ec997

i think another reason it read low was they didnt wail on the throttle for a max hp run they just slowly creeped in on full throttle and wound it out that way...

Offline Kenneth

• Site Sponsor
  • 270-774-1982
    • KB Motorsports
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 02:03:43 PM »
ok the dyno devan used was a factorypro ec997

i think another reason it read low was they didnt wail on the throttle for a max hp run they just slowly creeped in on full throttle and wound it out that way...

Yup each increment of 250,500 or 1000RPMS you hold it for a second and the software records everything. 
Example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejF4etNeCtI
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
270-774-1982