Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: 2009 RZR S  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
Re: 2009 RZR S
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 10:04:48 PM »
If they were street legal I'd have to buy one  :lol:

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 10:08:16 PM »
If they were street legal I'd have to buy one  :lol:

depends on your state, but that would be perfect!

Offline Langford

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 07:45:23 AM »
check into your state laws on assembled vehicles Bert, here in Michigan isn't too hard to get them street legal.

in MI you need to add the following to a RZR/Rhino/Etc. to make them street legal.

Safety glass windshield
Windshield wiper w/squirter
Rear view mirror
Horn
Turn Signals
high and low beams w/indicator (same as any vehicle)
Parking brake
DOT approved tires
plate/registration (with lights for plate)
insurance
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 09:27:02 PM »
I'd like to see the new AC with the 950cc motor in it. I'm sure its a tank, but it will be a tank with a ton of power. The Terx was kind of a disappointment. I really don't know why they did not make that thing FI.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline zx10r203

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • NOMAD SYNDICATE
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 03:37:46 PM »
I heard that the RZR's are some what more delicate than the Rhinos. 

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 04:56:48 PM »
There air filter setup is dumb just like on most Polaris set-ups
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline Langford

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 06:51:06 PM »

What do you mean by that?  Like Polarass525 said, the only problem with the RZR is the factory air intake setup, unless you get people treating them like a long travel sand rails and jumping them 10' in the air, but you are bound to have problems then.  The reason you dont hear about Rhinos and the others having problems with the frames tweaking, broken shock mounts and axles is because they dont have enough balls to launch like the RZR's do.  
I had mine pegged at 65mph going down a trail and hit a bridge that launched me about 4' in the air...when the ground caught back up with us, it felt like we landed on feathers.  The rhino that was following me in our group had his pegged out at 35 (lol) and hit that same bridge...his tires barely left the ground.  

More delicate?  Dont think so, people just use them much harder because they are capable of so much more.  
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 01:21:58 AM »

What do you mean by that?  Like Polarass525 said, the only problem with the RZR is the factory air intake setup, unless you get people treating them like a long travel sand rails and jumping them 10' in the air, but you are bound to have problems then.  The reason you dont hear about Rhinos and the others having problems with the frames tweaking, broken shock mounts and axles is because they dont have enough balls to launch like the RZR's do.  
I had mine pegged at 65mph going down a trail and hit a bridge that launched me about 4' in the air...when the ground caught back up with us, it felt like we landed on feathers.  The rhino that was following me in our group had his pegged out at 35 (lol) and hit that same bridge...his tires barely left the ground.  

More delicate?  Dont think so, people just use them much harder because they are capable of so much more.  

you found a nice way to say it...well done. i know a guy who traded a rhino for the rzr. He had it 4 days and rolled it 5 times...still going. He was not prepared for the speed. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 03:01:51 PM »

More delicate?  Dont think so, people just use them much harder because they are capable of so much more.  

+1 on the landings, as long as your not front wheels wayy first, its pretty nice

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »
There good machines and with the "S" coming out they will dominate the market for sometime. Polaris has been thinking outside the box for a while now, it's just they have not payed much attention to detail on some of there innovations.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 08:44:43 AM »
There good machines and with the "S" coming out they will dominate the market for sometime. Polaris has been thinking outside the box for a while now, it's just they have not payed much attention to detail on some of there innovations.

+1
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"