Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: SLIGHT BOG WHILE PUTTING THRU THE WOODS-ANY THOUGHTS  (Read 1689 times)

Offline GRAPTOR

• Street Cred: 0
SLIGHT BOG WHILE PUTTING THRU THE WOODS-ANY THOUGHTS
« on: July 22, 2008, 07:47:09 AM »
ok just came back from quadfest in Somerset, PA - good time!!  Here is my issue I had to putt through the woods based on traffic dust etc. I had a 152.5 main 22.5 pilot and had a slight bog when getting on the throttle.  So I changed my main to a 150 problem did get better bog wasn't as bad and when I went for a ride by myself at higher speeds and getting on and staying on the throttle the problem appeared not to be there only seems to appear when I am going slow.  I am two turns out on my air/mixture I am thinking about going to 1-1/2 turns out and see if it go's away or go to a 147.5 main.  I know this appears to go in the opposite direction that everyone on these sites says to go but it appears it is the only thing that is working any thoughts. also my airlid is on.  !!! dust !!!

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: SLIGHT BOG WHILE PUTTING THRU THE WOODS-ANY THOUGHTS
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 07:49:45 AM »
Make sure your airfilter is clean, especially in high-dust areas (Same here).  There is a major difference on how my bike runs on a clean vs dirty airfilter.

Aaron

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 07:51:15 AM »
One of my friends went to that  :clap:

Sorry cant really help you eith jetting.

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 08:54:09 AM »
where was quadfest at? what is it exactly lol? i was riding in yesterday here in pa...

but if you have too much fuel it can make you bog down on low end, maybe that has something to do with it, and like colorado, or OG, said you should clean out your filter it helps alot  :thumbs:

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 08:56:27 AM »
You are probably spot on with the pilot if its idling good. Is it popping at all at the top of the gears? Pull your plug and see what that looks like also. When you originally jetted was you lid on or off. If you jetted with the lid off then going down in jet size is the right answer if you put the lid back on.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline GRAPTOR

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 09:10:42 AM »
quadfest is in Central City, PA it's about 20min. from the Somerset exit on the turnpike, It's a festival for riding for three days.  Also I jetted with the airbox lid on because all the dust this year.  When I was riding with the 152.5 main the plug was black (dry powder residue) so I went down to the 150 no breakup or sputter through the gears as long as I was on the throttle.

Offline GRAPTOR

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 09:14:14 AM »
I agree, I believe I am getting to much fuel while going slow what is the correct way to correct this problem?

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 09:18:48 AM »
A 147.5 might do it. Clean the plug regap it and take for another run. If its still black or real dark go down 1 main size until it looks light brown.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline 07350R

• Super Zero, Racing the Earths Surface!!!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 05:46:47 AM »
You can also get a lean air bog, symptons are very similar, because the motor kinda bogs for lack of fuel, I would say try and open up the fuel screw in 1/4 turn increments just to make sure, because my 350 is very lean on the pilot, I had to open it up to 3 1/4 turns out, now its crisp and ripps!
07350R
Full FMF
Baja T-9's
GNCC Holeshots
DynoJet Jet Kit
Pro Design alum intake
Pro Design filter
All 4 G-Force wheel spacers
14 tooth front sprocket

Offline 1badazz_700r

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 08:48:48 PM »
graptor what mods do you have on this first. i would take the lid off and go back up to a 155 mj. cause based on ur initial jetting im assuming you have a slipon and airfilter. :thumbs: More fuel needs more air, with the lid on your not giving it enough air. and also as stated earlier clean the filter good. if its a K&N drop in filter you will need to find a way to secure it. because i know from working on exentix's 350 the drop in filter will bounce around and loose its seal causing the same issues your having

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Offline exentix

• Email
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 04:31:44 PM »
graptor what mods do you have on this first. i would take the lid off and go back up to a 155 mj. cause based on ur initial jetting im assuming you have a slipon and airfilter. :thumbs: More fuel needs more air, with the lid on your not giving it enough air. and also as stated earlier clean the filter good. if its a K&N drop in filter you will need to find a way to secure it. because i know from working on exentix's 350 the drop in filter will bounce around and loose its seal causing the same issues your having
hence the rock in my airbox... make sure it is secured, it runs like CRAP if its not  :rofl:

Offline 07350R

• Super Zero, Racing the Earths Surface!!!
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 04:20:57 PM »
Mine also did it, I finally took the time to warm my bike all the way up and dial in the fuel screw, was lean, I had to turn the fuel screw all the way out to 4 turns, I am eventually goin to go up on pilot jet size, then it will probably only need to be turned out about 2 turns but for now No more sputtering.
07350R
Full FMF
Baja T-9's
GNCC Holeshots
DynoJet Jet Kit
Pro Design alum intake
Pro Design filter
All 4 G-Force wheel spacers
14 tooth front sprocket